• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

C350e question

StuGlos

Car
Prius
Morning all

My question is a simple one but I've struggled to find an exact answer on the forum.

With the battery discharged, ie, In standard hybrid mode, 70 mph on the motorway with cruise control on what MPG could I expect from a C350e ?

I won't bore you with the long rambling details why I'd like to know, but suffice to say its another company car dilemma.

Many thanks

Just did this yesterday!

So i drove from Nottingham fully charged yesterday to Birmingham

Roughly 45miles or so door to door, Hybrid/Eco profile

On the way there (Mainly M1/M42) , average speed at about 75 It indicated an average of 55mpg. (But i got the first 14 or so "For free")

On the way back, same circumstances, but with 0 Charge on departure, It indicated 42mpg.

HTH

I have never plugged mine in (company car with credit card for fuel) and do a lot of motorway mileage. I started with 43ish but now at a steady 47mpg after 12k miles. Hope it helps.

Thanks for the replies which have enabled me to finish modelling the cost of a couple of car options. My circumstances are:

30K business miles
5K private miles
No fuel card, fuel paid at approved mileage rates (13p per mile currently)
90% motorway driving

I'm going for the new Prius Excel which will be over £6,000 cheaper across the 4 year lease period than the Merc. My needs are simple, Comfort, Cost and Cruise Control and the Prius delivers everything I need. Sorry Merc fans but that badge on the front isn't worth £6K.

Of course a nearly 300bhp 5 second car from a premium manufacturer is going to cost more than a 120bhp 10 second car lol

Enjoy your Prius. :thumb:

LOL :-) :-) I get your point Mike but remember its just a company car. Its no different from a laptop or a calculator, just something you use for work so there's no emotional attachment. Now, if I was in the marked for my own personal car that might be a different story....

LOL :-) :-) I get your point Mike but remember its just a company car. Its no different from a laptop or a calculator, just something you use for work so there's no emotional attachment. Now, if I was in the marked for my own personal car that might be a different story....

Is there no difference between a nokia 3310 and an Iphone?

Do you not get to drive it outside work then? I treat my company car like my own, so I can enjoy it even more when not at work. I know plenty who don't though

£6000 over 4 years is £4/day, got to be worth the upgrade?

Last edited:
I do Derek but most of the time I'm on my own up and down the motorway and as I say, its just a car. I'd rather have the money in my back pocket :-)

It fits your requirements, that's the main thing.

The Merc obviously has much more show and go, but if that isn't in your requirements then you're obviously right to be saving the money.

Wouldn't 30,000 motorway miles a year be diesel territory?
Worth running the figures for a BMW 320ED with 99 CO2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom