C43 AMG beats two C63s AMGs in drag race?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
C43 sounds like a wet fart ..!

DRIVER200 said:
Regardless of tyres my point still stands. As for the crabbing issue suggest you retune into that post around October time....

So come October, W205 C43's will be eating up C63 AMG's up and down the country?

With ever increasing penalties for speeding and more and more resources being poured into catching speeders I increasingly find myself wondering why I'm looking at cars with north of 450hp for pottering around in.

I've never considered attending top speed events on airfields or trackdays but they are becoming more appealing now that the ability to use anywhere near the cars performance in the real world is being stifled.

That said, I've got a 4.0 V8 TT arriving later this month and I still have an unhealthy obsession with Ferrari FF's.
It is pointless Alan, you can't keep your foot in for more than 5 seconds without getting into 3 figure speeds.

But , we still do it !!!

Do MB World have a C43 on the AMG experience fleet yet?

Be interesting to hear what the instructors think of the C43 vs C63 (S) debate on the handling track down there.

RR

The likely reason why MB World do not have a C43 as part of their 'experience fleet' is that if they did then C63 drivers would realise that they could have bought a car that 99% of the time does what a C63 does and had over £15,000 still left in the bank........:thumb:

DRIVER200 said:
The likely reason why MB World do not have a C43 as part of their 'experience fleet' is that if they did then C63 drivers would realise that they could have bought a car that 99% of the time does what a C63 does and had over £15,000 still left in the bank........:thumb:

99% being able to drive forwards, backwards, turn lights on etc
1% being the better sound, superior looks, faster, no crabbing? :D

99% being able to drive forwards, backwards, turn lights on etc
1% being the better sound, superior looks, faster, no crabbing? :D

You must be desperate to convince yourself if you include crabbing in the 1%. Actually from memory I think some C63 owners have said they experience crabbing.:thumb:

DRIVER200 said:
You must be desperate to convince yourself if you include crabbing in the 1%. Actually from memory I think some C63 owners have said they experience crabbing.:thumb:

From memory I didn't hear them crying about it!

From memory I didn't hear them crying about it!
Wasn't aware that I was. Incidentally, what model C63 do you own as you are contributing to this post assume you are speaking from experience?:thumb:

Last edited:
DRIVER200 said:
Wasn't sure that I was. Incidentally, what model C63 do you own as you are contributing to this post assume you are speaking from experience?:thumb:

Nadda, one day. I just know which I'd rather get. As I've mentioned on here previous the deals on the C43 were tempting and I went as far as a test drive in one, nice but didn't cut the mustard. Much prefer the W204 shape

Nadda, one day. I just know which I'd rather get. As I've mentioned on here previous the deals on the C43 were tempting and I went as far as a test drive in one, nice but didn't cut the mustard. Much prefer the W204 shape

OK. Lets leave it now and stay on good terms as to be fair if I had the extra money I would probably have gone for the C63. But the excuse I use is that the noise it made scared the daylights out of my wife!! But having said that I am more than satisfied with my choice.:thumb:

Last edited:
DRIVER200 said:
OK. Lets leave it now and stay on good terms as to be fair if I had the extra money I would probably have gone for the C63. But the excuse I use is that the noise it made scared the daylights out of my wife!! But having said that I am more than satisfied with my choice.:thumb:

All tongue in cheek mate :thumb:

C43 is more appealing to a wallet and by no means should it be written off, it's a very very fine line between the noise and the money is what I think it comes down to

Probably because it's not a full fat AMG, no one except C43 drivers would want to drive it and it would hold everyone up on the handling track.......would be rubbish on the drift circle too!!

RR

Probably because it's not a full fat AMG, no one except C43 drivers would want to drive it and it would hold everyone up on the handling track.......would be rubbish on the drift circle too!!

RR

Unless the track is slightly wet of course then perhaps it would be the other way around.

You must be desperate to convince yourself

You sound pretty desperate to convince everybody and yourself that your poor man's 63 is better than a 63.

You sound pretty desperate to convince everybody and yourself that your poor man's 63 is better than a 63.

Suggest you read this post properly before you respond as I didn't say a C43 is better than a C63 all the time.................. But it's as good as a C63 most of the time.

You make a lot of suggestions too. Note that I said "sound", not "said". It wasn't a direct quote, more an interpretation of your aggregate post.

Guys, the factory says the C43 is an AMG. So ,lets's leave it at that. The 43 is an exceptionally great all rounder and in over 80% of instances, just as good as the 63.

Having driven the 43 and 63 back to back, I would have no problem having the 43 in fact , all being well I will get one for my wife eventually.

Guys, the factory says the C43 is an AMG. So ,lets's leave it at that. The 43 is an exceptionally great all rounder and in over 80% of instances, just as good as the 63.

Having driven the 43 and 63 back to back, I would have no problem having the 43 in fact , all being well I will get one for my wife eventually.

That's a good idea you can also show her the original OP Vid and tell her the car you are getting her is faster than a car costing over £15,000 more. Job done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom