• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

C43 AMG w202 estate

I'm going to stick my neck above the parapet and prepare for a flaming...
While I have been negatively vocal about some of the W202 asking prices ever since a dealer started asking £13k, when the rest of the market was struggling to achieve £5-7k.
I feel we are starting to see some appreciation for the W202 AMG's. Amari Cars managed £20k for a C43 a couple of years ago, but we seem to have stalled a little, with cars being around for a while
Due to the small numbers manufactured, they will always be in the shadow of the M3's (and Audi RS's?).
While £22k may be a little ambitious, if I was in the market for the best of the best, nice specification and great MOT history that would be on my short list.

At the other end of the scale (currently), is this late C36 ( R514 LCD ), asking £9k with some desirable options; Sport rear seat, rear blind and folding mirrors. Looks reasonable.
Described as good condition with crappy pictures, would make a great useable AMG, that you could improve along the way. But to get it to the standard of the above one would take a chunk of money.

View attachment 130152

I follow the W202 UK Facebook group, now and then a really nice W202 will be posted with "what's it worth?" and we do ourselves down with "£1500 tops" and "I paid £500 for my last one".
As the W201 and W124 models rise, the W202 is being seen as the entry to classic Mercedes ownership. Added in the generational step, of 90's kids, now grown up, bit of disposable income and want the car their parents/neighbours owned for a bit of nostalgia. I still feel that in many eyes, the W202 is struggling to get out of the no-mans land of Daily Driver to Modern Classic, we are getting there slowly.
Hi
do you still have the AMG emblem/badges as fitted to early C36's and E36's boot/truck lids and spark plug covers?
best
alberto

No MoT; nine services recorded in 117,000 miles and twenty-three years; it will be interesting to see what it does fetch.

No MoT; nine services recorded in 117,000 miles and twenty-three years; it will be interesting to see what it does fetch.
It does appear to have had some decent money spent on it though. For anyone looking specifically for a C43 estate, and one that isn't black or silver, it looks in good shape.

Can't have been many C43s used as dog-wagons as this one appears to be looking at the photos.

Can't have been many C43s used as dog-wagons as this one appears to be looking at the photos.
When they were brand new I remember a customer who had a brick tinting company, and he used his shiny C43 estate basically as a builder's van 😱

Nice estate that's going to be up for grabs again shortly...

LINK

Great colour. be interesting to see where it ends up.
  • Evidence of recent work on the rear o/s panel and finished to a good degree
  • Good panel flow and gaps
Shame about the panel gaps on the O/S rear
  • The underside was waxoyled in 2016
  • Structurally solid with minor signs of age underside.
c43amg.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom