C43 AMG w202 estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have one 42k miles.

A W202 C43 with only 42k miles on it, with all the toys too....wow! Not jealous at all :p

I've always wanted a C43. Ideally with a sunroof, parktronic and xenon's. Very hard to find one with all three, good or bad.

Even rarer option was the rear blind! I have the sunroof and xenons but no parktronic :(

Even rarer option was the rear blind! I have the sunroof and xenons but no parktronic :(

Mine also has the rear blind.

Ah, ok. That one was up for £9995 a few weeks ago and didn't sell. Last couple of weeks it went back on for £7500. Now back at the higher price.

The green one looks nice and reasonably honest, though a couple of advisories for jacking point corrosion in July '19, but not Jan 20 would warrant some closer inspection.
What gets me though, why would you not spend £20 on a cheap eBay replacement side repeater lens and AMG boot badge.

Be interesting to see if these circa 100k miles cars sell for £10k £11k.

The latest Modern Classics magazine mentions the auction results of a C43 AMG Estate with 125k, had a realistic estimate of £7-10k. It fetched nearly £12,500.
Reg looked familiar, it was one that failed to sell at Barrons in 2018, bidding reached around £5500 IIRC, which was a dip after making £7200 in 2017.

1100015873_PREVIEW.JPG

Ref 84 Mercedes Benz C43 AMG Estate

1998 Mercedes C43 AMG Registration No: R164 EGF

I remember that blue estate. It was on Autotrader I think. I can't remember what it was up for but I don't think it was as much as £7k. I made some enquiries too at the time.

Another one I let slip away. Big spec too.

All depends on how much needs spending on them to get them to personal standards. I have been offered more than those figures for mine, but it ain't for sale :p

The time and money you put into yours Abb i would be shocked if you ever sold that now mate!

Reactions: Abb
What people seem to miss is that these are very "Niche" market cars!

Your everyday joe wont know what it is and what they represent nor will they have any idea of value

Having been watching the W202 AMG's for over 5 years the pricing although is a bit more now hasnt really increased significantly in comparison to the E36 BMW M3 and they where on the same price as a good C36/C43 then too!

As i always say the price anything is worth is down to what the buyer is willing to pay for it!
an example:

2/3 years ago I was offered a C43 for £6.5, I thought was expensive for that particular car
the guy ended up selling for £7.5k to a trader
the trader sold it for £9.2k

all within a matter of weeks

anyway thats my 2p's worth
Moral of the story i should have bought the E36 then and the E46 M3 at the times i bought my C36 and C43 respectively lol

Raj

I didn't pay anything like these figures for my C43 estate a few years ago, and it got written off a couple of months ago and replaced with a 221. I miss it dearly and would like another, but I just can't see myself paying the £6k+ price for one now. Maybe I will though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom