C43 AMG w202 estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
1587362840683.png

mmmmm, chinny chin chin

An American once described me as Australian, well throw another shrimp on the barby' sport, it must be true
Been a while since I heard the expression ”chinny chin chin“ 😀

Reasonably priced.

when a car is priced cheap there is usually a reason, i looked at a few that were below what everyone else was selling and usually there is some underlying issues somewhere but i could be wrong!

Raj

when a car is priced cheap there is usually a reason, i looked at a few that were below what everyone else was selling and usually there is some underlying issues somewhere but i could be wrong!
Raj
Fully agree. On face value, it is less expensive than other that have appeared in similar condition. Bluring out the number plate make it a little more challenging to check the MOT history, without a conversation with the seller.
If I was in the market for a W202 AMG, it would be on my list of looking into.

158k miles.
Still less than average miles for it's age, I would be more interested in structure condition and history.

^^^^

I like that. Needs work, yes but it's a good spec - Sunshine roof, parking sensors and I'm guessing Xenons, given the lamp wipers.

Wouldn't have said the colour is "quite rare" though. :dk:

The more I look, the worse I feel about the state of the body........

Last edited:
MOT check states the colour is green and the MOT history is what politely be described as "colourful".........:eek:

I think the colour is the same as mine (189u) Emerald Green, though it is called Black on my V5.
Yes, strange MOT history, the missing VIN for a few years would bother me.

I think the colour is the same as mine (189u) Emerald Green, though it is called Black on my V5.
Yes, strange MOT history, the missing VIN for a few years would bother me.

I wonder if it's had a replacement windscreen, due to relevant advisories followed by the missing VIN?

I reckon you might have to double your money just to get the car to a good standard. I get the feeling maintenance hasn't always been high on the list of owners' priorities.

Here's the link to the black/green saloon above in case anyone wants to look at the pictures => C43 saloon

It's only done 400 miles since November 2016. The current owner says he's had it about 3 1/2 years and it has mostly been standing still in that time. There were no MOT tests carried out from November 2016 until August 2019 . That threw up some major defects and advisories with the brakes (plus a few other bits) which were rectified. Last October, the gearbox was overhauled and the battery replaced.

I'm thinking it's overpriced, considering the work that needs doing and the potential work that cannot be seen. Apart from the visible bodywork defects, the FNS alloy needs a refurb as does the steering wheel.

If anyone is interested in a real world sale price, I sold mine for £5500 in February. 118k on the clock, new sills, wings and arches with no visible rust on the bodywork. It had working Parktronic and rear blind. It was a really nice car, on par with most that are posted on here, if not better. The odd one I see might be worth £10k plus if it is truly rust free. Certain C43s have been for sale for more than a year and no drops in price. I actually wanted to sell mine, so just accepted that even £8k was out of the question. The car owed me close to £15k with purchase price and work carried out. Anyone considering one for the first time should do a lot more research than I did...

I will add that it did need a few small patches of rust sorting behind the rear bumper. But I imagine most of them do...

M11 DYU C43 AMG £6495

Don't think I have seen this one for sale before.
2 year gap in the MOT history, non parktronic front bumper, missing front fog light and horizontal bar.
Power fold mirrors, possibly rear blind & cruise.
W202's do look good in black though.

Mercedes-Benz C43 4.3 auto C43 | eBay

M11YDU.jpg

Reactions: Abb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom