• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

C55 vs E55

steveonts

Car
CLS
Im in the market for something a little more powerful than what I currently drive and have my eyes on the C55 and E55. How much smaller is the C than the E? I can see the measurements online but how do they both feel? Does it feel like youre driving something much bigger when you are in the E55?

Im going to be living somewhere with allocated parking, which means tiny parking, for a while so im concerned about the size of the e55...but if they dont feel 'too' different, id rather go for the e55 :o

Should feel the same as your CLS - assuming you have a 219 or 218?

They are built on the same platform.

I've driven a C estate before (sort of early noughties vintage) and it didn't feel much different to my E.

If your talking W211 E55k, its in a totally different league power wise to the C55 as its a 5.5 Kompressor with stock 476HP:eek::thumb:, C55 having 367HP.

Regarding size, having owned both C & E class cars I do not feel there's a lot in it to be honest...best to test drive both to see what suits you:thumb:

Im in the market for something a little more powerful than what I currently drive and have my eyes on the C55 and E55. How much smaller is the C than the E? I can see the measurements online but how do they both feel? Does it feel like youre driving something much bigger when you are in the E55?

Im going to be living somewhere with allocated parking, which means tiny parking, for a while so im concerned about the size of the e55...but if they dont feel 'too' different, id rather go for the e55 :o

Should feel the same as your CLS - assuming you have a 219 or 218?

They are built on the same platform.

I've driven a C estate before (sort of early noughties vintage) and it didn't feel much different to my E.

its the 219, 2006. the cls looks big but doesnt really feel too big. good to know the E is similar.

If your talking W211 E55k, its in a totally different league power wise to the C55 as its a 5.5 Kompressor with stock 476HP:eek::thumb:, C55 having 367HP.

Regarding size, having owned both C & E class cars I do not feel there's a lot in it to be honest...best to test drive both to see what suits you:thumb:

yeah its quite a jump in power which is pushing me toward the e55 haha. youre right, i cant really know unless i give both of them a try.

Having moved from a C to the CLS I can say the CLS doesn't feel bigger to drive, just wait til you try and park it...

I would think the same goes for the E.

Internally the C is much smaller

I suspect in the real world, the actual cost difference between is not massive.

The E is more complicated but that doesn't make them unreliable.

Costs like fuel economy, insurance, servicing are probably not a million miles apart.

The performance is in a different league of course.

I've never driven a C55 but do I bet the additional cost of the E is worth it - sh!t yeah!

The C55 has potential lower running costs, the E55K having Airmatic and SBC which can be very costly.

Having said that, I'd take the E55K all day long; brutal power, easily tuneable all in the best looking E-Class of the past twenty years.

If you test-drive an E55K, you will want one! Be warned...:thumb:

Parking should be in a different league to the CLS as you can actually see out of the thing!

I have a C32 (well had) & a E55, you do notice the size when driving but the airmatic suspension makes the E handle very well & the power brakes on the E55 are amazing,the C55 does not have the SBC brakes.
Power wise C55 is slower & a E55 is fun...all day long!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom