C63 2019 facelift front conversion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Love the new grill, think it really suits the car.

I am looking to add the aero kit on mine but have no idea where to get it done.

Did you get all the bits from merc and then get someone else to fit them?

Yup, all bits from merc main dealer and got fitted by some one I trust to fit.

Thanks, do you know if they were easy to fit? Just wondering if it needs a body shop of just a good Indy to fit them

Thanks, do you know if they were easy to fit? Just wondering if it needs a body shop of just a good Indy to fit them

I’d say any competent body shop can fit, or even a good diy’er. It is a retro fit though so may need some working out, that takes time and patience. Bumper removal is required for front grills, and lots of fiddly clips but all achievable. Side skirts easy enough. Front spoiler easy and just screws from underneath. Rear spoiler is just a standard replacement swop. Not done rear diffuser yet, but had email today from merc saying my parts were in so will be tackling this soon.

I know the thread end ages ago but I thought I’d share my experience, mines not a C63 but a C43 (late 2019) the grille exchange took around 2+ hours, the hardest part was getting the grille star emblem out and disctronic electronic connection undone, removing the bumper is pretty straight forward then just a matter of unclipping the old grille and replacing with the new one.
I got mine from CKS Performance in Watford it was around £133.00 including next day delivery, great customer service, would definitely recommend.

Wow! Those detailed pics 🥰

It's the first visual mod I've seen that I'm 50/50 on.............. I like both the grill's and cannot say which looks best!

Congrats on the nice work !

I also have c63 coupe and want to do this conversion, but am wondering if a complete facelift bumper will fit a pre-facelift coupe ?

Regards

Car looks awesome. I do like both grilles but the later one does bring it bang up to date.

Both look good...for me the pre FL is more subtle/classic and the post FL more aggressive, which looks great on these cars.

I must be the only one who'd buy a facelift and convert the grille and diffuser to pre-facelift. o_O
Not you're not alone - I don't care for the new look. Then again, never really had the desire to take my car to bits, to achieve a look I could have bought like that in the first place. Also wouldn't buy a car that had been changed from stock, perhaps i'm picky, lazy, or both :)

I usually find I prefer the pre-facelift styling on most cars, it's almost like the designers got it right first time and then got told to do something else for the sake of it.

With regards to the 205 C63 specifically I'd want the facelift for the better hardware, mainly the gearbox but also the bigger infotainment screen. To me, the bits that impact the driving experience are more important and style bits are easier to change if I can be bothered.

I usually find I prefer the pre-facelift styling on most cars, it's almost like the designers got it right first time and then got told to do something else for the sake of it.
I agree, that's definitely
true with, pre-facelift,
W212, C207, A207. :) 👍

On modern cars, I always like the “post-facelift” mode more - I can’t even think of an exception to the rule - but on older cars the reverse is true, I almost always prefer the original “pre-facelift” model. Strange but true.

The fact there's differing opinions is partly what helps the sale of cars before and after the facelift.

I think most of the time the interior is an improvement though as it usually involves an upgrade in technology. 204 is a good example, most prefer the original front bumper but the facelift interior.

Nice write up mate. Was looking to get the 2019 grill too!

Don't know if I fancy doing it though! Probably will get a pro to do it for me. I can just see myself breaking a few clips 😂

Been dreaming about getting a c63 for a while now, but just can't bring myself to go for it with the current lockdown...it'll just sit mostly unused for months. At least the extra delay gives me time to save for a newer one...!

On the subject of the FL model, is it correct that the FL non-S model received the eLSD that was previously reserved only for the S models?

It's in a piston heads article, but I haven't come across this anywhere else - Mercedes-AMG C63 facelift: Update! | PistonHeads UK

I've read the same about the dynamic engine mounts - they were previously only used for the S model, but I've read in a couple of other places that these were also added to the facelift non S model.

I'm finding it very difficult to get hold of the C Class pdf manual for the C63 facelift - does anyone have a link?

Here's the pre-facelift one I've been using - https://www.mercedes-benzsouthwest.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/c-class-coupe-cabriolet.pdf

Here's one for the facelift C63 S - https://www.mercedesonlease.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/c-class-coupe-c205.pdf

Can't find one for the C63 non S!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom