C63 507 Estate - thinking of putting into deep storage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Windrush are at the top of their game. It's only money.

If you're someone like Bill Gates or Richard Branson, with only one mews garage behind your gaff on Holland Park, where else are you going to keep your favourite toy? You don't want to store it in some godawful dusty, damp central London concrete multi-storey for £6k a year.

If you want a glance at what Windrush have got stashed away, here's a 15 minute look into the place.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
A great video! And the cost suddenly makes sense when put like that. Hassle factor is a key reason why I'll probably never own a classic car. For those who can afford to pay, what a great service to ensure their cars are always in A1 condition and ready to use.

More on the £19 million a year world of UK car storage from today's Autocar

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/...asons-behind-£19-million-car-storage-business

safe_image.php

Drive it more often, or sell it, but don’t store it unless it is to get it safely and securely off the street whilst you are continuing to drive and enjoy it.

Proper storage is expensive, and unless you get value from using it as a car, then the cost of storing it will more than offset the underlying appreciation.

To get top money for it in future it will still need to be maintained, and cars that barely move have a habit of coating as much in repairs as cars which are used and abused.

Who knows what the long term future values will be? If you use and enjoy it and in 10 years it’s worth buttons, then you will have taken value from driving it.

Although you’d be gutted if it’s worth buttons after 10 years of cost and 10 years of not enjoying it. Maybe not likely but it’s certainly possible.

100% agree. When you see all those youtubers having to move their garage queens in order to get service, it would pain me to keep paying for the upkeep, and storage and not drive it. Manny Koshbin videos are a good example ( I know it's a different league), paying 10s of 1000 for new tyres and servicing for cars with sub 1000 miles on it.

So yea I agree ... either sell it or drive it.

I for one daily my e63s estate and I look forward to posting a picture of the tacho turning 100k miles :)

Hi Mark44

Did you put your car in storage or decide to sell in the end?
Have you seen the tenorite grey estate on Autotrader?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom