C63 507 purchase

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

supaer

Car
Here - C63s AMG - GONE - C63 507 - Here - Golf R - Here - BMW M135i - GONE - M4 Competition
So I recently chopped in my 2017 C63s for a W204 C63 507 Edition which I am picking up next week.

I went to test drive it and as I imagined it was a little slower and in my opinion felt quite a bit tamer and more refined than my C63s.

I called MSL and asked about their plug and play remap, however they said they can only get it to 510 which is a bit pointless to pay £500 for 3bhp more.

My question is really, is there a gearbox update or something to make the gear changes a bit quicker? Is it worth getting the MSL remap on a 507?

Am going to chop the secondary cats out as well, anything else any other owners recommend?

Do you have a warranty on the car? Is the dealer supplying you one?
If you do I think a remap may invalidate it..

I purchased a Mercedes warranty, i will still modify it slightly, not to bothered, have modified every car i have had and never had an issue. Is the update through Mercedes?

I would of hoped MSL would have had some sort of update map. I guess it is pointless getting their plug and play system :(

I have warranty and a stage 1- they’ll never find it unless they interrogate the ECU and it would have to be a warranty mechanical issue which concerns that anyway!
My local MB are aware of the remap (to the extent on the last service they didn’t perform an ECU update which was due to preserve the map), they’re fine with it.
Still a chance of course

which map do you have?

Fit long tube exhaust headers and get it remapped. You should be close to 550bhp then.

You might also be missing the LSD from the C63s. That will hold it back and kick in the traction control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom