C63 AMG Facelift - Press Release on p4

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That is one seriously good looking car:thumb:

Wonder what the cost is in standard trim?

NOW WE"RE TALKING!

Yes, a nice little update...not too radical and just enough to keep it fresh. I like the blacked-out bit in the lower middle part of the front bumper.

Most concerning looking at that picture is seeing the same old gearstick which indicates no MCT :eek: (it would surely have the little electronic selector like other MCT equipped models if it did?).

I therefore hope these pics aren't 100% accurate but I'll be giving Uli a call in the next few days to check that he was sure when he told me it would have that gearbox!

Looks like some one at AMG read your C63 ownership thread:D
Mercedes C63 AMG facelift
The Mercedes C63 AMG facelift comes with the Race-Start system which allows the driver to take a faster start. A new MCT seven-speed transmission is fitted but there are not any new details about the engine under the bonnet.

Thanks to the same new transmission the fuel consumption should be improved.

Also appears the new 5.5ltr twin turbo engine will be fitted in the C63 Coupe only. A more powerful 6.2ltr engine will go in the 4 door and estate.

Love the C63 - not sure it is that angry, prefer the current shaped front lights, and the current bonnet bulges are angrier. Isn't a C63 supposed to look angry and mean like a tiger waiting to pounce!

Nice car indeed. It does look good - because it isn't a significant departure from the current car.

I had the option of delaying mine (from December 2010 to sometime after summer 2011) but didn't wish to wait another seven-nine months considering lots of factors (too many to state here).

I'm happy I took delivery and know residuals will be affected, but next month there'll be a 2.5% increase, and I'm pretty certain they will raise prices again sometime between June and September 2011.

Hi talleres congrats and what spec did you go for ?

Thanks The_Don.

IIRC, the main items were savannah leather, 19 inch rims, obsidian black, diff lock and phone pre-wiring (which will likely be a waste as I hadn't anticipated the cost of the cradle!). Maybe a couple of other small items, but nothing special (cup holders, blinds, that sort of thing). I especially didn't want COMAND as I find it practically useless compared with a decent Garmin and didn't want to pay for it.

The key items for me were the seats (black leather's too sobre for me), and the diff lock. I didn't see (or test) one with the standard 18 inch wheels until I'd ordered and initially thought I'd regret it, but I have now found the 19 inch rims pretty good in London despite the firm ride (which I very much like).

I see you've got one too, so congrats to you too - how long have you had yours for?

Last edited:
I am on my second one first was without the p/pack this one is a p/pack car i have owned for six months now and is a awesome drive much better than my first one.

Thanks. I also added luxury climate which was a must have.

After a spirited run last night (during which I was caught by another black C63 at the end of the motorway - pretty striking in the rear view mirrors, and again when it went by), I felt I'd be getting another, so I know what you mean.

I'm not a fan of some of the facelift features, though (prefer the current vents to the circular ones).

Let's see how the finances perform over the next year! :)

Hopefully the facelift will devalue the pre-facelift cars a tad and inch them ever so slightly closer to the point where I can actually afford one!!

IIRC, the main items were savannah leather

The key items for me were the seats (black leather's too sobre for me)

What colour is this talleres? I feel so out of touch since I sold mine - is it a new option (or designo) as I thought only black, grey and beige were available?

Anyway, I'm with you on not having black...having some contrast makes such a difference to the interior ambience. :thumb:

Looks like some one at AMG read your C63 ownership thread:D

Also appears the new 5.5ltr twin turbo engine will be fitted in the C63 Coupe only. A more powerful 6.2ltr engine will go in the 4 door and estate.

I'd have been a bit confused if it didn't have this transmission given the info I was given a few weeks ago! At last, one of the few weak links in this car now gets what has to be one of the best trannies in existence!

Have you had confirmation from somewhere that the 5.5 is going in the coupe? I was led to believe the 5.5 wouldn't fit in the W204 chassis (odd, given it's technically smaller?) but it would be great if they found a way to do it!

What colour is this talleres? I feel so out of touch since I sold mine - is it a new option (or designo) as I thought only black, grey and beige were available?

Anyway, I'm with you on not having black...having some contrast makes such a difference to the interior ambience. :thumb:

Palmball (and The Don), my apologies - the interior is Sahara Beige. I also have intelligent lights, and rear side airbags (for kids being ferried long distances very, very quickly....). :)

My test cars were all silver with black leather and I thought the black leather made the grain on the plastic trim look worse than it is. With my Sahara interior (two tone interior), the dash and plastic look respectable and almost unnoticeable. The contrast and the airy feel are much admired, and I've almost always gone for light interiors (kids or not), except once when I had a white exterior and black interior (a devil to clean, easier to clean inside than out, etc etc......).

Information on the facelift C63 is not straightforward. I was told end of 2011 before any arrived in the UK, and the 6.2 lump will remain. I'd have waited for the 5.5TT but I definitely wasn't going to wait for end of 2011 for the same 6. lump as I've some extensive Euro road trips planned from May to September 2011. My plan is to sample both 6.2 aqnd 5.5TT when the latter does make it to the C (as I'm sure it will).

The facelift info on this site came from, I think, emercedes: 2012 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Photos Leaked | eMercedesBenz

The really interesting stuff is here though on the facelift C. Read the text and ignore the pictures (except for the interior). 2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class In Depth Look | eMercedesBenz

I just might (in 2012-2013) trade in for a facelift but I'm really not sure about those front spoiler daylight LEDs. Nor the extras in the telematics area (lots to go wrong, been there, suffered the endless hassles of being an early adopter, etc). But the cornering lights look promising, and the LED turn indicators in the front look good. So, on balance, better than expected, and not too far from what is clearly a top selling product for Mercedes.

Enjoying your 997TT?

Enjoying your 997TT?

Errrm....it's OK :doh:

Seriously, it's a very, very impressive car and the depth of engineering is in another league to anything else I've driven. The best example is the way it goes down a road with a 'challenging' surface, at high speed.....you know - undulating, broken, rutted surface - at all times the Porsche's suspension keeps the wheels pinned to the road, the body in control and it always remains compliant and composed.

So, it's not the level of performance that impresses the most....the speed is largely irrelevant as no matter what car you have, you always get used to the speed (and to be honest, it's not night and day quicker than my C63). It's the feel and control that it has as it goes down the road which makes it stand out against anything else.

Yet despite this I'm still not overly excited about it - it's just seems to lack that soul and personality that came with the AMG and I tell you.....other people on the road don't like Porsche's! When I had the C63 I used to have people driving up next to me putting their thumbs up in appreciation but you don't even get a smile in the 911.

So I find myself in a bit of sticky position :wallbash: I place such a high priority on the dynamic and engineering brilliance that the Porsche demonstrates yet the car doesn't overly excite me. On the flip side, I know that I'm not going to get an AMG with the dynamic ability of the Porsche....I guess they simply can't engineer a car such as an AMG to the same level when they're all based on a design that has to be made to appeal to a wider audience.

I know if I got back in an AMG tomorrow I'd not miss the Porsche but then I'd always have in the back of mind just how well the Porsche drove and would always be tempted to chase that unachievable driving experience.

I think it'll come into it's own when I have the opportunity to drive it 'properly'....on my inevitable numerous trips to the Nurburgring in the spring/summer. I can then use it properly both on the road and on track and it's then when I anticipate that it'll win me over.

Thanks Palmball.

I suspect you'll return to the C63 (or C55TT) AMG fold. This is my first AMG and whilst I'm not overawed, the total package is good. I hope they continue to improve it. The list of features on the incoming C is great so if you like your toys in a very fast, safe, reliable saloon, then this has to be it (especially for the price). :)

Funny how with other others such as the CL, the new 5.5TT engine is still branded '63' and no returning to the '55' name.

Bigger is better eh?

S

Hmmm, the 2 tone interior looks good. Another biased C43 owner :eek:

I do like the facelift interior a lot! That looks like a vast improvement on the current one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom