C63 & C63S Differentials

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WylieECoyote

Car
C63S Saloon
Can anyone tell me what the difference is? I know one is mechanical and and the other electronic - is one substantially better than the other? Any one had both cars who can comment? Thanks all.

It depends which year model you're talking about. Only pre-2019 C63 models have a mechanical limited slip diff.

From year model 2019 onwards, all C63 versions have an electronic limited slip diff.

I'm looking for 2019/20 so that's good to know. Other than the power levels doesn't seem to be much between the two. Thanks for confirming.

Tried both and to be honest I couldn’t tell the difference.

I likewise did the same and could not notice an obvious difference while driving on public roads. Since I wanted the "normal" seats anyway, finding the sports seats to be pretty hard and uncomfortable by comparison, I ended up buying the non-S 2019 model.

I reasoned I'd save a pretty penny, since almost every difference between the S and the non-S version was unlikely to be noticed outside of a track environment. So it boiled down to a couple of cosmetic changes, some extra power I wouldn't notice in normal use and some track-focused upgrades which I'd never really make use of (among those, the adaptive engine mounts were probably the only really costly item) .

I still feel that I made the right decision and don't regret the choice.

I likewise did the same and could not notice an obvious difference while driving on public roads. Since I wanted the "normal" seats anyway, finding the sports seats to be pretty hard and uncomfortable by comparison, I ended up buying the non-S 2019 model.

I reasoned I'd save a pretty penny, since almost every difference between the S and the non-S version was unlikely to be noticed outside of a track environment. So it boiled down to a couple of cosmetic changes, some extra power I wouldn't notice in normal use and some track-focused upgrades which I'd never really make use of (among those, the adaptive engine mounts were probably the only really costly item) .

I still feel that I made the right decision and don't regret the choice.
Exactly my thinking - thanks for your post. Not many brand new built ones about at the moment - the lower power one seems to have been dropped as you can't configure one on the MB or other new car sites....

I noticed that too...... you can no longer configure a “Non” C63s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom