C63 insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Privilege are worth getting a quote from. They are surprisingly accepting of a remap on an E63.

Unsure if this is helpful as I'm not in the London area but, prices for insurance with different postcodes are like the lottery numbers.

Following a renewal quote from Direct Line (granted, a few years ago now), I called them using my personal details but a friends postode (3 miles away) and it was £80 cheaper. Bizarre.

With pricing, I use Admiral multicar (have for 5+years) They matched my Full NCD on both cars (as I can only drive 1 at a time) and came in cheaper for both cars than some pricing for just one.
Prices (from memory) £525 (W204 C63 & Nissan GTR)
Plus - it's cheaper if the car isn't garaged (which baffles me)
That's with 8000/6000 miles respectively on each
Downside - Admiral only offer market value. At the time of renewal, I had GAP insurance so wasn't too bothered.

Good luck with it - it's worth paying as you will enjoy the 63, of that, I'm sure

It's cheaper if the car isn't garaged (which baffles me)
There's far more claims for accidents hitting the garage aperture or something inside than there are for thefts from a driveway. Therefore, even though a theft is likely to be a higher value claim the likelihood of payout is much higher parking in a garage.

I called them using my personal details but a friends postcode (3 miles away) and it was £80 cheaper. Bizarre.

Plus - it's cheaper if the car isn't garaged (which baffles me)

Every postcode has a different risk rating (first part of the postcode) for example London SW1 is rated F* F=highest risk and *= if it is a motorcycle then it MUST be in a locked garaged overnight.

More expensive quote when in a garage is because it gives the thief secrecy to steal the car. Also, stats show that you are more likely to ding the car going in and out of garages.

One trick to reduce premiums is to add a more experienced named driver (if you're a novice of course).

General key to C63 premiums will be the cost of the car, frequency of theft and accident, and also cost of repairs.

One trick to reduce premiums is to add a more experienced named driver (if you're a novice of course).
Also try adding any another driver who isn’t high risk. My first high insurance group car was a Toyota MR2 (loved that car), and a company I called for a quote suggested that I add someone else - anyone else - so I added my then girlfriend.

Sure enough the price came down by more than 10%, and they were already half the price of everyone else I tried. The call agent said it’s because if someone has had a drink, is unwell or tired then there’s someone else law who can drive, hence reducing risk.

I live in a high risk London postcode - Hammersmith and Fulham. My particular postcode is rated F*. I was out of the country for 3 years, so unfortunately my maximum NCB expired and the insurance companies were gleeful and delighted to take the opportunity to rape me on premiums.

So, currently with one year NCB, I'm paying £1050 with Admiral for my 2019 C205. I'm in my early fifties and have had my license since the late 1980s. The car is parked outside at night. This is for business class of use, which increases the premium substantially.

Last edited:
if it is a motorcycle then it MUST be in a locked garaged overnight.

You'd cry if you knew what premium I have to pay on my BMW S1000XR. Many insurance companies refused to quote, even though it's garaged in a lock-up brick structure behind a 10 foot high gate.

I lived on Mendora road in Hammersmith and Fulham a few years ago, lovely house but outside was the wild west. The Clem Attlee Pub was tasty :D

I lived on Mendora road in Hammersmith and Fulham a few years ago, lovely house but outside was the wild west. The Clem Attlee Pub was tasty :D

I have the misfortune to be literally 10 yards the wrong side of my postcode border, which if I were on the right side, would reduce my premium substantially as the insurance risk drops by one category for the bordering postcode, from F* to E*.

I'm usually the one added on to bring down my friend's premiums.. :) Used to be that way when I had housemates anyway.

My experience is that once you get towards more powerful cars this doesn't have any impact or even increases your premiums. Every "quote" is different though..

I live in a high risk London postcode - Hammersmith and Fulham. My particular postcode is rated F*. I was out of the country for 3 years, so unfortunately my maximum NCB expired and the insurance companies were gleeful and delighted to take the opportunity to rape me on premiums.

So, currently with one year NCB, I'm paying £1050 with Admiral for my 2019 C205. I'm in my early fifties and have had my license since the late 1980s. The car is parked outside at night. This is for business class of use, which increases the premium substantially.
Aviva plus includes business use as standard........

Just tried Aviva...£2k 😅

£850 with a tracker, through my current insurer/broker (Sky insurance) is sounding pretty good now.

How much is Admiral out of interest?

As above, I think it was £2200 or something in that ballpark.

I've done some research on trackers now and tbh I'm fairly happy to have one fitted..good peace of mind as well.

£200 fitted, £400 lifetime subscription for the car and insurance/thatcham approved - SmarTrack Protector Pro Global Tracker - Tracker Fit

Looked at others such as Cobra as well but they're a fair bit more.

As above, I think it was £2200 or something in that ballpark.

I've done some research on trackers now and tbh I'm fairly happy to have one fitted..good peace of mind as well.

£200 fitted, £400 lifetime subscription for the car and insurance/thatcham approved - SmarTrack Protector Pro Global Tracker - Tracker Fit

Looked at others such as Cobra as well but they're a fair bit more.
If it pays for itself within the year because insurance savings are greater than the total cost of having it; then a Tracker is no bad thing.

The s3 I ended up rejecting before the second s3 I had came fitted with an insurance approved tracker (vodaphone). They had all my details as I filled them in on day 1 and spoke to them etc and it came with the first year included.
They wrote to me (no phone call) about 3 months after I got rid of the car to say the car is showing up on their system as not parked at my address. They didn't fill me with confidence if I chose to buy one

The s3 I ended up rejecting before the second s3 I had came fitted with an insurance approved tracker (vodaphone). They had all my details as I filled them in on day 1 and spoke to them etc and it came with the first year included.
They wrote to me (no phone call) about 3 months after I got rid of the car to say the car is showing up on their system as not parked at my address. They didn't fill me with confidence if I chose to buy one

S3?

Ahh makes sense now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom