• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Can my father be part of MBClub now also? E350 AMG Line Premium

Sam87

Car
S65AMG V12 BiTurbo & S63AMG V8 BiTurbo Designo
Hello everyone,

I hope you’re all keeping well!

Before I go any further, I just want to make something clear, the purpose of this thread is just for me to share a happy moment with fellow car enthusiasts.

I have been looking to buy another e92 M3 as I feel like I didn’t enjoy the last M3 I had. There’s been a slight change of plans but for a good reason :)

My father had a knee replacement over a year ago and even though he never complains about anything, I know he hasn’t fully recovered from the surgery.
He had a VW Tiguan and that car was a manual. I asked mum one day about dad how he's really doing as I know she’d tell me the truth and she said that there has been times that it seems like he struggles to drive a manual car.
With that in mind, I spoke with dad and I mentioned to him as if an idea just popped in my head to maybe get rid of the Tiguan and he should maybe get an Automatic car?

The man never ask for anything and the first thing he said was, I don’t want to be a burden to you son. The Tiguan is still a good car for me.

I thought why shouldn’t my father have a decent car to drive? Forget about the M3 that I’m thinking I need so bad in my life. That can come later on if the opportunity comes. This is more important so why not surprise my father instead!

I told him I would take the Tiguan and give him my wife’s polo to drive until I done some work on his car as it was due a service and make sure everything was good.

I took his car and put it up for sale. A few weeks later the car was finally sold after being messed about a few times. First person that actually came to see it, bought it. It was an old car ( 2008 model ) but it still drove and looked good for its age.

I started looking at all sorts of cars and by that I mean German cars, BMW, AUDI, MERCEDES.
The car that stood out the most to me was the Mercedes E class coupe ( facelift model )
My father drives his car every day ( unlike me 😆) and one of things I had to keep in mind was that it also had to be good on fuel so I had to choose something that he’d enjoy driving but at the same time, it wasn’t doing 15mpg :D

An E350 V6 seems to be a smooth engine but also have good performance and a very nice torque figure of 620NM!
The facelift model cars also have the 9 speed gearbox.

I started looking for an AMG line and I wanted a white one with black leather as I know he likes that colour combo.
Most people that buy a diesel car tend to do a lot of miles and to find a low mileage car with full service history that has been looked after properly might not be as easy as you’d think.

One day I came across this E350 CDI that had only 59k on the clock, full Mercedes history and low owners. The lady that owned the car looked after it so well and this thing looked immaculate in the photos.

We went to see the car Saturday morning, 2 hours drive. The car looked even better in the flesh. It really is immaculate! The wheels are unmarked with four matching Continental tyres which seemed unusual as 95% of the other E350’s I saw for sale, they all had budget tyres and I hate seeing a nice car on budget tyres. It just puts me off buying a car.

It’s a 2016 model, AMG line Premium. It is a very high spec car and it drives like new.

The underneath of the car looks like new too.

My father loves it! Seeing him and mum look so happy driving this car, it made me very happy that I felt like sharing this moment. No M3 could have put a bigger smile on my face.

Years go by so quick and I just think it’s so important to spend time with the family but also use every opportunity we get to show our love and appreciation for one another. My parents are still young and at an age where they can still enjoy going out and drive around Europe. They’re already planning to go to Europe with this car which is nice.

As I mentioned, the car was very clean when I bought it BUT, I just can’t leave things alone and I had to give it my touch 😁

I washed the underside and it has come up great!
I deep cleaned the interior and it does look better now. I will machine polish the paintwork when the weather gets better and paint the brakes but for now just a hand polish was enough.

I said to myself I must keep this thread short so I’ll stop here and I’ll just post some pics of the car.

I hope this post has come across as it was meant to and not in any other way :)

Here is the car

I like how it looks with the windows down

Love the car but loved your pure intentions to make the lives of your parents happier and easier even more.

I have no doubt that M3 you wanted will become yours in no time! Thanks for sharing this and wishing your parents many healthy and happy miles ahead!

What a wonderful feel good thread Sam. It really shows the benefits a close loving family can bring. Seeing your parents happy must have been a lovely moment. What a good son you are.

Car looks amazing, love the underside and wheel arch shots. Your attention to detail puts me to shame. 👍👌👏

Last edited:
That looks fab!

I have the same in Blue (petrol though)

Must get my wheels done.....

What did you have done to get them that clean and fresh?

End of the day it's ONLY four wheels, engine and something to sit on. Even though this forum would probably killed me if they could for using "3" words to describe OUR's MB's 😂

I have to admit, I had a tears, reading this post. Clearly you love and respect your old man. Also have balls to sell something HE doesn't think need selling. Top man. Well done.

Unfortunately, people like you, are slowly disappearing from this planet. :/

Very nice....I like those...TBH honest after my dads hip replacement a few years back I don't thing he (or mum) could get in and out of that!!!!.....which is why they now drive my pet hate.. an SUV!

Hi , until fairy recently I had C207E400.

Loved the car but your comment could be answered from my experience.

My car came with Cont 5p and they did not last. They looked fine but at 5000 miles cracking and internal damage.

I changed to Goodyear Assi 5 and a much better tyre on my car.

Chinese tyre 255/30/19 £90.00
Goodyear tyre. £210.00 from memory.

Love the car but loved your pure intentions to make the lives of your parents happier and easier even more.

I have no doubt that M3 you wanted will become yours in no time! Thanks for sharing this and wishing your parents many healthy and happy miles ahead!

Thank you very much, I really appreciate your comment! :)

Well done, Sam, what a great suprise for your Dad and (Mum) And what a bl00dy lovely motor! C207s are stunning, especially in White with a Pan Roof and that looks particularly nice. 🙂👍

Thank you! :)
The c207 is one of my fav Mercedes coupes. I also think they look great in white with the pan roof. I was looking for a white one or the very light blue colour ( not sure what the name is ).

What a wonderful feel good thread Sam. It really shows the benefits a close loving family can bring. Seeing your parents happy must have been a lovely moment. What a good son you are.

Car looks amazing, love the underside and wheel arch shots. Your attention to detail puts me to shame. 👍👌👏

Thanks a lot! I appreacite that!
It was an emotional moment for me and to see them being so happy, it was a moment I’ll never forget :)

Nice one Sam, on all counts 👏👍

That looks fab!

I have the same in Blue (petrol though)

Must get my wheels done.....

What did you have done to get them that clean and fresh?

Thank you!
They do look great in blue also :)
I didn’t do anything special just clean them thoroughly. The wheels are in amazing condition and they are the original finish with the diamond cut face. Many people just paint the whole wheel silver when they refurb them but the diamond cut face just makes them look even better imho

End of the day it's ONLY four wheels, engine and something to sit on. Even though this forum would probably killed me if they could for using "3" words to describe OUR's MB's 😂

I have to admit, I had a tears, reading this post. Clearly you love and respect your old man. Also have balls to sell something HE doesn't think need selling. Top man. Well done.

Unfortunately, people like you, are slowly disappearing from this planet. :/

Thank you very much your comment George, it means a lot to me!
If I become half the man my father is, I will be very happy. I was just grateful to have an opportunity to do something like this to show my appreciation to my parents as all they’ve done is try and do the best for us as long as I can remember
:)

Wow , wow , wow ! Stunning
If your Dad is like you , when is he selling it Sam ? Don’t forget your old buddy W1ghty when the time comes :)

Haha 😆, he likes a clean car but I get my OCD from mum I think. How I am with cars my mum is with the house 🤣
Rain doesn’t stop my father from driving his car unlike me 😆
I have given my father specific instructions for this car. I told him that he should NEVER take the car to a carwash, when going to multi-storey car park he should go to the top floor and park in a corner and always park behind or in front of other cars, not next to another car. He looked at me and said, how about I just keep the Polo as this one comes with no instructions 🤣🤣🤣

Very nice....I like those...TBH honest after my dads hip replacement a few years back I don't thing he (or mum) could get in and out of that!!!!.....which is why they now drive my pet hate.. an SUV!

I did think if the coupe would be practical for them but they never had any problems getting in and out when I owned the CLK so I thought the E class would still be good.
I did look at S classes too ( W221 model ) with the AMG pack, 350 CDI, 2011 onwards as they are Euro 6 too. I just think as an every day car, the S class can be a bit of a pain sometimes to park around London as they are so big.
I looked at the E350 saloon, CLS 350 2015 onwards and the ML350 but the coupe was still my fav.
:)

Hi , until fairy recently I had C207E400.

Loved the car but your comment could be answered from my experience.

My car came with Cont 5p and they did not last. They looked fine but at 5000 miles cracking and internal damage.

I changed to Goodyear Assi 5 and a much better tyre on my car.

Chinese tyre 255/30/19 £90.00
Goodyear tyre. £210.00 from memory.

I‘m not sure how good the Continentals are on this car but they are still like brand new so I will leave them as they are. When its time to change them, I’ll consider a different brand of tyres, maybe the good year like you mentioned or Michelins :)

Enjoyed reading, it's nice to be nice and especially being nicer to parents who brought us into this world. Well done mate, hats off to you 👏 👍

Enjoyed reading, it's nice to be nice and especially being nicer to parents who brought us into this world. Well done mate, hats off to you 👏 👍

Thank you @badgx :)
I fully agree and no matter what I can do for them now, it will never match the sacrifices they’ve made.

He’s loving the car and he drives it every day unlike me that I seem to wash my cars more than drive them 😆

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom