Car sellers: What's in a name?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E CLASS

You see a car, read the ad, like what you see and then you see the name of the seller at the bottom and think errr not for me.

i.e.

Big Tam

Is it just me or is anyone else put off by some names?

You see a car, read the ad, like what you see and then you see the name of the seller at the bottom and think errr not for me.

i.e.

Big Tam

Is it just me or is anyone else put off by some names?

It's you - there's no connection between name and person, just now't as queer as folk.

Mind you I'd be concerned about buying anything from Richard Sole :D.

Does not bother me,is the car and condition I'd be more interested

I just make sure the people I buy from are well educated :D

Of course you do,no wonder you end up with car while looking to buy a burger :D

Of course you do,no wonder you end up with car while looking to buy a burger :D

That was trade buy, not private :thumb:

The ads I woz refering two r teh onze were their spilling and grandma r awl over the plaice. 6 speed manuel gearbox innit! n:D

You what?!!!!Lol

I kind of know where you are coming from , sellers with names like 'turbonutterba$tard' and 'kickboxingblud' and the like just give off the impression that the cars will have been ragged and in the hands of the wrong sort of people ...

I'm probably wrong , but that's how it can come across.

Read Freakonomics on the subject of names and you would automatically consider them important and relevant.

Photos, descriptions, names etc, all important.

Just think about the names of the dealers getting big money for the 80s and 90s mercedes. Charles Ironside, Nick Froome, Jonathon Aucott, Peter Lewis. It may be unfair but the name does convey an image. Choose your parents carefully.

Just think about the names of the dealers getting big money for the 80s and 90s mercedes. Charles Ironside, Nick Froome, Jonathon Aucott, Peter Lewis. It may be unfair but the name does convey an image. Choose your parents carefully.

Those names convey nothing to me, if one had been called Quentin Ruffles-Bagshot however....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom