CD Changer clicking constantly & not releasing CD's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Barrowboy944

Car
ML350; SLK280; CLS350CDi
HI,

I have a 2010 W219 CLS350 with command that stores 6 CD's internally. Recently the CD changer started clicking as soon as I unlock the doors; I could feel the CD spinning through the fascia & numerous attempt's to remove the CD's has failed and none will play. I have removed the unit to see if I can remove the CD's manually. Before I start pulling the unit apart (Model No: BZ9880) any ideas on how to solve this issue?

Many thanks

Have you tried resetting it by a long press of the power key - needs to be connected. Fixed that issue in mine but does point to a failing unit

There's a sensor underneath that detects a cd . When it fails the motor runs continuously , and strips the teeth on the drive wheels. I bought a compete unit off eBay for under £100 , hardest part is matching the fake wood facia colours.

You can also unplug the motor and just listen to the CDs inside for eternity.

Disconnect the battery wait 30 mins reconnect and try again. Worked for me and never happened again.

Thnaks for all your replies, turned out to be a jammed disc but it had damaged the unit....was a sick from a previous owner that never showed up when the changer was empty. Can survive without the CD player but now have a message telling me the following

""The navigation map on the hard disk is not suitable for your system".

Messages remains on for about 2 minutes after start then the system comes alive.

I have checked all the connections and reseated the Hard Drive but no luck. It then tells me to insert my map DVD so the Hard drive is not registering..cannot understand why this has now occurred. Radio, Bluetooth etc. all work fine. Have tried a system reset and that didn't work so its a replacement system from a breaker or google maps!!!

The unit is in 2 parts is wondering if i replaced the CD unit whether it might function properly again?

I would give it a try of you are handy. There are some good YT vids on things like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom