Cd Changer - Title & Track Display

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

topdown

Car
E500
Have Comand APS on a Dec 04 CLK 320 with 6 disc CD changer - old type with the 6 disc cassette and UHI phone.

Head unit is a 2098203889, soft ware version is dated year / week 04/42.

When playing normal original music CDs there is no Title track information on comand, but with a brand new original music CD - 'Elvis' the CD title and individual tracks are displayed on comand.

I noted in the comand handbook that if the CD has music and data the title and track information will be displayed.

Is this a new format for music cds and if so when did it cut in?

Is there a way of formating music cds say from Itunes that will show track and title?

Can this unit be upgraded to play MP3?

If I fit an ipod kit do I have to remove the glove box CD player or can I be greedy and have both.

rgds

I have made up some compilation cd's from cd's that I have loaded onto the computer to then load onto an mp3 player. The program used to go onto the internet and auto download the cd title and track names. When I made the compilation cd's up they show track title on the comand where as the original didn't.

Don't know if this helps

Regards

Steve

More likely the Car unit is reading CDtext which most newer Sony Cd's have burnt into them - you can burn the CD text yourself (if your CD burner supports it using Nero by reading this but it is a bit tricky to set up.

yeah, it's likely to be a sony cd. Sony are one of the few labels that put cd text on their cd's. they've been doing so for years, you've probaby just not noticed before :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom