charging battery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ricardo62

Car
e320
Just a qk question , ive taken the battery out of my car a e320 cdi v reg , to charge it up , will i do any harm to the cars computer by removing it from the car , leaving no power for the ecu ...

There is no need to remove the battery from the car in order to recharge it.
When reconnecting the battery back into the car;
Reconnect the Positive+ cable/s first, and then connect the Negative- cable last.

Ensure ALL cables are connections are tight.

Dec

There is no need to remove the battery from the car in order to recharge it.
When reconnecting the battery back into the car;
Reconnect the Positive+ cable/s first, and then connect the Negative- cable last.

Ensure ALL cables are connections are tight.

Dec
i had to remove it the car was in the street and i had to recharge it inside my house

To answer your question. The ECU's not having power won't harm them.

In other words... this what happens anyway when garages change batteries (few people actually use the memory-keeper gizmo thar fits on tbe cigarette lighter socket).

No harm in disconnecting the battery (apart from the odd radio code on some cars).

No harm in disconnecting the battery (apart from the odd radio code on some cars).

Might have to reset the windows and sunroof (if fitted) as well. Apart from that no problem removing the battery.

Depending on what year your car is, there is a possibility that the car alarm, if it’s in working order, will arm itself… Red LED on dash illuminates… when you reconnect the battery so unlock the car with the remote after you connect the battery, unlocking the car will disarm the car alarm.

Dec

i have seen postings suggesting that one should turn on the side/parking lights before connecting the battery to the car so as to avoid any surges that can damage the ECU's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom