Cheapest place to buy Mobil 1 or 0w-40 engine oil?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's a derv MJ , I'm not dictating anything , it's just a very misunderstood and not widely known subject .

One thing that definitely happens is a manufacturer spec is given in the original handbook which gets superceded but the old spec is often used by the owner as the handbook gets stuck in time whilst oil development continues .

One thing that definitely happens is a manufacturer spec is given in the original handbook which gets superceded but the old spec is often used by the owner as the handbook gets stuck in time whilst oil development continues .

That was the case in the olden days. These days, everything is available on the Internet and the current manufacturer's recommendations can be found online.

That was the case in the olden days. These days, everything is available on the Internet and the current manufacturer's recommendations can be found online.
Bevo is the official MERC site for all oils fluids etc it’s up to date, also high zinc content oils are no good for modern cars you need enough but not the high content ones like the yanks love these are only for older cars/classics. Using semi synthetic oil is a false economy, less miles, less efficiency etc. Most modern Mercs, more so diesels, can cope with high miles: if serviced to spec. Look after your ride and she will look after you!

Anyone been in Costco lately and know the price of Mobil 1 0W-40 ?

It went up some while back, maybe even end of last year - but to be fair it was £24.99/5L (and £19.99/4L before that) for ages - ten years or so?

Still the cheapest around I’ve come across too :thumb:

Just checked and my Costco membership needs renewed, not been there for ages for obvious reasons.
I really should add this to the cost and a run out to Edinburgh assuming I'm not after anything else.

May switch to 5W40 229.5 as I can get this for £45.70 delivered for 2 x 5L.
Not as cheap as it was and can't find anyone doing the 20L of the 229.5 on ebay.

As others said

Costco is £30 for 5L of Mobil1 0W40

I used to get Petronas from ECP 5W40 it was a fab price and the 3000E oil was 229.5 but seems ECP and Petronas had a fallout as it’s no longer for sale at ECP

Shell Helix 229.5 5L 5W40 at ECP CP4L for around £29 whenever they have an offer

Checked with the parts guy.

20L of genuine MB 229.5 for £72.

Seems like a bargain and I can pick up 2 x filters and sump washers to do the job twice at the same time.

Online ~£68 inc. delivery Pat on eBay

Opie Oils have a deal on for 6 litres of Shell Helix Ultra 5w-40 229.5 for £29.95

Pat I’m so sorry mate I was looking at 229.51 :wallbash: Sorry about that I was an idiot :D

It's ok, I knew you were an idiot. :)
That was a joke by the way, hope we are allowed these. ;)
I know you are a very intelligent person, just prone to the odd memory lapse a bit like me.

Yes the 229.51 is around £68, just not seen 20L of the 229.5 on ebay for a while.

I'm probably gonna pop over to Edinburgh and pick up 20L of the 229.5

Ironically I may end up going to Costco at the same time if the other half wants anything (lots of washing powder) from there.

15% Code on ebay till 18th PERKS15

10 Litre of the Mobil 1 0W40 for £70.54 delivered (£35.27 per 5 Litre).

20 Litre of the Mobil 1 0W40 for £131.74 delivered (£32.94 per 5 Litre).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom