• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Cheapest tracker for you car, worth a look

Looks interesting. I think I'll stick one on my phone, I'm always loosing it,,,,,,,,,,,,arhhhh, not sure that'll work. :doh:

Thought adding one to your pets collar would be a good idea for some.

Yep but the way my Labrador jumps into water I think with just a water-resistant over it would be toast in 30 seconds.

Now you got me thinking of popping one under Mrs Ants wig. :thumb:

There are loads of variations of this, pebblebee, tile, trackr etc. But they all use Bluetooth so as soon as its out of range your screwed. They claim to have a crowdsourcing network to locate it as soon as someone using the same app comes within bluetooth range to the device but in reality this isn't going to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are loads of variations of this, pebblebee, tile, trackr etc. But they all use Bluetooth so as soon as its out of range your screwed. They claim to have a crowdsourcing network to locate it as soon as someone using the same app comes within bluetooth range to the device but in reality this isn't going to happen.

.....and herein lies the problem. I keep Siberian Husky's who by nature are escape artists. We also live in the countryside. We have found with all the devices we have researched or tried is that they are all "range" limited. The "SIM"one's suffer from a lack of mobile coverage. BT one's are very short range etc.

Where we live in Kent Mobile Phone coverage is at best sporadic. I have a good signal at front of my house but zero signal at the rear.

6 ft fencing with pig mesh dug into the ground to stop tunneling works. Until the builder leaves the gate wide open ;ˆ(

I got excited about these when I first read about them a while back but came to the same conclusion you did, great for a gadgety key finder but useless for much else.

You can make a virtually free proper tracker with an old android smartphone and one of 3's free data sims.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom