• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Checking oil on W213 E350d (2016)

omega1

Car
E400d 2019 4matic (C238)
Hi all,

I have a 2016 E350d W213.

Yesterday a message popped up saying something along the lines of 'Oil low, top up engine oil'.

I wanted to check the oil level but have no dipstick. I googled and saw that it should be in the 'Service' section of the display, but it isn't. The only other reference I saw is for a model that has keys, but mine is keyless...

So, how do I check the oil level on it??

Anyone?

Thanks in advance.

Maybe put 1 litre of correct oil in and wait to see if the message stays on or goes away? If message stays on, then 1/2 litre rather than 1 litre of correct oil should do the trick, at least that way unlikely to overfill. Info should be in the Car Manual.

I checked the manual, it isn't in there. Anyone any ideas on how to do this via the dashboard? Thanks.

Using the control buttons on your steering wheel, select the small display between the speed and rev displays. Then press "home" button on the steering wheel control and you should get a list of options at the top of the small display screen. You will find the service icon as an option and from there you can check your oil level, tyres, AdBlue, etc
Never ever seen a car without a dip stick before and the manual telling you how to check using the dip stick is not helpful either

Loads of MB cars do not have dipsticks, do you mean 'never seen a car without a dipstick tube ..?'

OP. put a half litre in it and wait for the dash to tell you to add more. Interestingly my 2006 C class asks me to 'add 1 litre' when it runs low , not leaving me guessing how much is required, strange that a car 10 years younger just says 'add oil' without giving you a clue as to how much :dk:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom