Child on board ....what's the point ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've long felt that the most would-be poseur sign of this type I've ever seen is "Agility Dogs in Transit". Oh, puh-lease...

We've got 6 agility dogs, now if they did one that said "Agility Dogs in Vito" ... :D

Obviously haven't followed me then :D I'm assuming you are referring to the legal limits
I don't have the fish but did have a a cross from palm Sunday in my S class and I don't hang about

Dont like the "my other car is" nor Stretched blooming tyres followed by Vw's with Mercedes wheels on i mean really??? lol

How car a 'Baby on Board' sticker be meaningful?

If it's a sticker that's always on the car, whether the baby is there or not, then it can't really be taken seriously......

If it's a sticker that's always on the car, whether the baby is there or not, then it can't really be taken seriously......

It is often pretentious nonsense, "I'm very fecund" and the "Little Princess on board" ones are even worse,BUT if it means emergency crews spend an extra minute searching a wrecked vehicle and thereby find a baby that otherwise may have been missed then they are worthwhile.

There are more important things to get upset about.

I don't think the emergency services should (or do) rely on the presence or lack of said sticker...

I would have thought that the emergency services should always assume that there my have been a baby in the car, unless an adult occupant is fully conscious and can confirm otherwise?

Pontoneer would know...

I can't say that I'm bothered by what stickers other people put on their cars, however, I have noticed that cars with those little Christian fishies on the back are usually moving slowly.

That's my experience too and often driving well below the legal limit. I once asked a clergyman friend what particular sect of Christianity the fish represented but he seemed a bit put out and couldn't tell me anything specific. He thought any Christian could display them although he didn't and was a brisk enough driver himself.

I think it's the same as baby on board in that it's a minority thing which makes them just as odd. I'm a Christian but no question, the sight of fish is going to make me groan.

As far as baby on board and the emergency services is concerned the legal requirement of a baby seat is going to make the potential presence of a baby obvious. One assumes these drivers don't remove the sticker when the baby isn't actually in the car nor do they remove the seat.

Last edited:
L plates should be removed unless there is a driver under instruction. When does that happen???
All the 'baby/little princess/grandchild' nonsense is willy waving. I run with Mickey Flannigan's view : ''Well done - you had a bunk-up''.

Nowhere near as annoying as the little groups of stick people, usually showing Dad with a golf club or bicycle and Mum in her gym garb and two or three little darlings, saying "My Family x" spotted on the backs of Ford Galaxy's, etc.

Reminds me of my fat neighbours, 4 little stick people on the back of their 4x4. Wishful thinking perhaps.

L plates should be removed unless there is a driver under instruction. When does that happen???
All the 'baby/little princess/grandchild' nonsense is willy waving. I run with Mickey Flannigan's view : ''Well done - you had a bunk-up''.

It happens just after they've been stopped on a motorway.

Child on board signs , we have all seen them but what's the point of them , does one think by putting one in there car people will drive safer or is it to advertise they have a child ..I just don't get it

Can't be beyond us these days to have an easily accessible/viewable device that displays the number of occupied seats at the time of impact. :dk:

Yup that was the original purpose but I think mandatory child seats/seatbelts/etc. reduced the need somewhat.

Indeed , however it can cause concern amongst emergency responders if they come across a car with child seat in the back and no children present : was the seat occupied or not ? If the driver is unconscious and unable to confirm one way or the other , time will be spent searching for a child , both inside the car and in the surrounding area in case they were ejected .

Lots of people , myself included , keep the seats in the car all the time , whether or not children are being carried .

I don't have any sign in the rear window .

Last edited:

But originally they were not stickers, but signs hung/suction cupped in the rear windows to be used when a child was in fact carried.

Stickers just instigate the "crying wolf" effect and negate the reason for having them in the first place.

Saw a great combination this morning on my way to MB World. "Little princess on board" sticker and, on the rear quarter panel " saw it , wanted it, threw a tantrum, got it!"

Saw a funny one during last weeks trip around Cornwall..........some joker had crossed the "Child" out and felt tipped "Grumpy Old Git"..........perfect, I want one!

Isn't this the official MBclub sticker....?

:D

I never bothered putting the sign up with my boys, but there again I don't like any stickers in my windows or car for that matter.

But you go through four fundamental stages in your driving life. Firstly having to carry an L/P sign, then a 'baby on board' sign, before you get to drive like a lunatic with nothing, then finally residing to a Panama hat on your parcel shelf, which lets face it, is just like having a baby on board sticker!!!

Nowhere near as annoying as the little groups of stick people, usually showing Dad with a golf club or bicycle and Mum in her gym garb and two or three little darlings, saying "My Family x" spotted on the backs of Ford Galaxy's, etc.

I saw something on Facebook a while ago where there was a lad in America that had loads of little penis's that he used to stick on dads on those and take photos. There was one that had been on months!:D

"Powered by fairy dust"

WHAT IS THE POINT?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom