Chuffed and now showing off !!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm not jealous, I'd choose my E270CDI diesel anyday :-(

Just when I was feeling good about my car

Big Ed said:
Flash old git!! ;)

Beautiful car - the first car I would get following the right 6 numbers coming up (an event that has unfortunately eluded me so far!!)

Bit disappointed that you had time to post about it rather than being out and enjoying it - of course, you're forgiven if you typed it using a wireless laptop whilst sitting in the drivers seat soaking up the splendor of your new motor!!!

Agree about the wheels - nice!! Just so I know which ones to order on a future Sunday morning, what are they?

The wheels are AMG type 1V. They are available in the UK,They are 8.5 x 19 fronts and 10x19 rear. The front are part no B6 603 1092 £876.50 and the rear part no B6 603 1093 £907.99.

RichardM said:
Amazing looking car! Thanks for the pics.

Is every SL55 striped down like that? I thought they were all built on the same production line these days.

All SL55's and other models are built on a conventional production line.

The SL55's that you see in the pics were all completed in Bremmen then transported to Affalterbach for the modifications in the AMG factory.The cars are stripped there, then reassembled.

Existing owners of any model can arrange to have modifications carried out at the factory.Some of the prices are a bit steep however as aftermarket modifications.All of these prices are in the AMG Manufaktur brochure.The prices are given as parts only, then fitting charge.

As an example,SL owners can have (if they so desire) Door sills, with Illuminated AMG logos. There is a choice of white or blue illumination. Price 754 Euros. Fitting 208 Euros.For an item like this your ever friendly UK partsman can do a manual order and get them sent for UK fitting.

At the other end of the scale SL 55 owners can have a full performance package fitted as after market for 24.418 euros, with fitting a further 2030 euros.(If this mod is done when new the UK price is £7,234.04 + VAT.)

Tony M said:
At the other end of the scale SL 55 owners can have a full performance package fitted as after market for 24.418 euros, with fitting a further 2030 euros.(If this mod is done when new the UK price is £7,234.04 + VAT.)

Looking at your front bumper and brakes, do you have this package? I recall there being a different bumper for this package but I can't quite see in the photo's.

Excellent machine Tony. :rock: :rock:

We will tell you when you can take the GRIN off your face. :D :D

Maff said:
Looking at your front bumper and brakes, do you have this package? I recall there being a different bumper for this package but I can't quite see in the photo's.

The lower section of the front bumper is replaced.

collect3.jpg

The performance pack includes (Quote from brochure)

Complete package including'Safety Car' front apron,painted in vehicle colour,additional engine oil cooler,AMG Nurburgring sports suspension,based on Active Body Control(ABC),boosted braking system with steelcomposite brake disc,380mm at FA, AMG 19" light alloy wheels,style IV,, multi-piece(FA:8.5x19 ET 25 with 255/35R : RA 10x19 ET28 with 285/30 R19), top speed raised to 300 Km/h.

Yes ,I did go for the option. : :)

I'll pay £100 for a passenger ride around the Nurburgring in that (as long as you drive fast :) ).....

:bannana: Wow :bannana:

So what are the performance figures with the upgraded car that you have??

Ohh very nice

300 km/h hood down = premature hair loss :D :D

Tan said:
:bannana: Wow :bannana:

So what are the performance figures with the upgraded car that you have??

The actual acceleration is very much the same as any other SL 55 except the speed is held a little longer in the higher gears,and the speed limiter does not cut in until about 187mph.(300 km/h for the pedantic !)

It is the upgraded brakes and suspension that appealed to me,and I wanted the style IV wheels.If I had bought a standard 55, the upgrade price of the wheels and tyres is not far short of the cost of the Performance Pack.

Believe me you'll need the raised limiter one day - I wish I had a higher limit in this shot! I wouldn't have been passed by an RS6 then!

tnDSCF0100.JPG

droooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolllllllllll

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom