• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Citroen SM comeback

Talking of museums the Citroen conservatoire closed a couple of months ago. Never been sadly but some astonishing Citroens were housed there.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This photo actually flashed up on my Facebook memories thing the other day. Not an SM but a worthy combo! Shiny S212 bonnet too!
IMG_0969.jpeg

One of the reasons I liked the BX19GTi was it would go down my drive (at the time) easily. It was very steep and other cars could catch the lip if I was anything other than arrow straight. With the Citroen, just raised the suspension to high and voila!

His or hearse?:dk:
One of my favourite jokes - a couple we know were getting married, he was a snake charmer and she was a funeral director. As a wedding gift we bought them matching bath towels, labelled Hiss and Hearse!

I had a DS23 Safari in the early 80s and loved it. My flatmate parked his Volvo 144 so close to the back of mine one night, I unkowingly hooked his front bumper to my tow bar one early morning start - I thought the brakes seized! I also liked the quirkiness of the rear dickie seats, which pulled up from the floor facing sideways, diagonally opposed.

I've always had a soft spot for Citroën, particularly the SM (What happened to Charles Morgan(?), btw?). I'll look forward to seeing one of these in the metal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom