CKL Clive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thank you very much for your posts, seems that anyone who has used him has been very pleased, so off to Clive I go!

I am in Devon and am prepared to get the car to him, as so many body shops are totally useless, and I'd much prefer to spend time driving it up there to get it done right first time.

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

i guess theres a time to eat humble pie!

hadnt noticed all the satisfied customers before, but then again i dont read every single post on the forum!

sounds like Clives a good bet but surely theres someone just as good nearer to Devon?

I've been travelling a fair bit recently and missed this thread ...

I've had a full respray and door plastic trim replacement done by Clive recently; actually I collected the car on the morning of Olly's GTG, so some might even remember it - it was the only A-class there :bannana:

Not only he managed to rectify a very bad localised paint job on O/S doors (I bought the car like that - with dull patches etc), but also painted callipers and drums :thumb:

The replacement of plastic trims (all 8 pieces) with carbon fibre film made such a difference to the car, and yet he didn't even charged me for doing it!

I'm extremely pleased with the results, he is a very knowledgeable and nice chap and an absolute pleasure to deal with.

sounds like Clives a good bet but surely theres someone just as good nearer to Devon?

You'd think so wouldn't you, but by the time you try one and find out they are useless then you may have well of gone to the guy that seems to be pretty good in the first place.

I have a degree in electronics enginnering fom Middlesex university . I have spoken to Clive several times over the phone. He would give me hours of lectures about the mechanism of the rust process and how to reduce it . I must say he the most knowledgeable person about rust that I have come across in my live. He certainly knows his chemistry.

Unforfunetely he had to turm me down as my replacement w210 tailgate was damaged BER by the person who sandblasted it to remove the old paint away.

Hi guys ,am back by popular demand and a trully big thanks to all for the
feed back

Best regards to all

Clive

I dropped my car off with Clive on Friday. We had a fascinating chat about all aspects of rust: from the importance of the steel, through why Mercedeses rust, to how to prevent it. I am sure my car is in good hands (though I had better say that hadn't I?)

Mattc, I saw your car while I was in the workshop and you will be delighted to hear it looked an absolute wreck. ;)

Clive does not do things by halves.

I posted about this but... it's so insignificant a topic I deleted my post

Last edited:
He was given a week in the cooler for persistantly advertising after being alerted to the issue way back in February.

So after a week on the cooler it still shows he is banned,I might be missing something here :dk:

He might not be coming here anymore but just wondered why does it still show he`s banned

Last edited:
Looks like he's been banned again. This is all very sad. I was very pleased with the work he did on my C200 last week. On the other hand, this is a fantastic forum, at least in part because the admins have no time for the rude or abusive. (Not that I think Clive is rude or abusive).

I have since spoken to Clive and my car will be on it's way up there soon, such a knowledgeable and helpful guy, so am looking forward to dealing with him.

Why is such a useful source of knowledge banned?

Hi Clive are you still around here? I've got some bubbling coming up on both panels that were sprayed by you a few months back.
I can send you pics if needed. Just need to know what my options are.

Thanks,
Steve

Hi Clive are you still around here? I've got some bubbling coming up on both panels that were sprayed by you a few months back.
I can send you pics if needed. Just need to know what my options are.

Thanks,
Steve

An odd way to contact him if you had work done, presumably you have his contact number?

An odd way to contact him if you had work done, presumably you have his contact number?

I don't have it. Changed my iPhone since then. Anyone else have his number?

The Wayne Rooney of MBClub - hopefully without the wig?

no need to insult the guy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom