• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

CLK 320 CDI Sport '09 Engine remap?

I have the same OM642 engine in a 2007 Vito ... owned from new, full dealer service history, completely stock. Started to run into problems last year at about 96k miles ... had it in limp mode (sometimes with EML on, sometimes not) no less than eight times and off the road for almost 7 weeks in total. Biggest issue was that the exhaust manifolds contain liners where they meet the block, which are known to de-laminate and send debris into the turbo. New manifolds and new turbo required - engine out job, and a bill of almost £4k (after a hefty discount). Also had the EGR valve fail last year, and the MAS, and a DPF temperature sensor (which had seized and had to be drilled out). And (very minor) a couple of glowplugs. Prior to that the CPS failed, and the DPF pressure sensor. Touch wood it's going OK now but after a total repair spend of £6k in the last 12 months (not to mention the major inconvenience) I wouldn't personally consider trying to increase the power output of an engine that's already done 101k miles. I also wouldn't buy another modern/complex diesel, if i could possibly avoid it!
Appreciate thoughts! So yours not remapped? Just has that prob and you think upping power could exacerbate? Had turbo replaced about 1.5 years ago now, about 6 Months after bougt so wonder if the manifold thing was cause? Sounds like you've had a tough time...not sure have seen quite that many horrors about the engine elsewhere, with lots saying it's a strong old block. Anyway as before all thoughts welcome and tips e.g. manifold liners invaluable.

There's a Brabus box for a 320Cdi on eBay at the moment, £350, looks ok.

Item number 333156174782
Stevie, really grateful for the tip off and apols for delay in response. Been on road trip...will post elsewhere about two of my best ever longer uns in my beauty....I will look,,sadly have to wait a Month for some money to do various but...THANKS!!

Stevie, really grateful for the tip off and apols for delay in response. Been on road trip...will post elsewhere about two of my best ever longer uns in my beauty....I will look,,sadly have to wait a Month for some money to do various but...THANKS!!
Delete that. MONEY THROUGH SO NOW DECISIONS TIME!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom