CLK 63 M156 Engine Rebuild

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
7fede8282611c997815884bca93fd797.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe a trick of the light, but there appears to be protrusions around the spark plug bosses (not visible in later Knight photo). What are they?

Only issue I can think of would be finishing off someone else’s job.

With something as complex as a major rebuild like you have, I’d not be keen on relying on other unknown organisations work for the overall reliability of the finished engine. What would happen if it went catastrophically wrong soon after it was assembled? Who would be responsible and what sort of warranty would you have?

Could just be the pictures but the head skim looks a bit rough in places?

Other option would be to assemble it yourself. With time and patience you could learn a lot and have enormous satisfaction doing this a few hours at a time.

There must be more to this than that.
Bent valves are rarely caused by too much power. Failed valve train more likely. The same valve train disturbed during the headbolt replacement.

Yes correct headbolt replacement was the culprit along with too much power for the standard pistonrings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

now on serious not I'm willing to finish this job for you pm me if you interested.

As Will Mentions theres still quite a bit of corrosion around the water ways on the Head even after what looks to have been skimmed, would not be happy with that.

Yes correct headbolt replacement was the culprit along with too much power for the standard pistonrings.

What happened to the rings?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom