• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Clk Hardtop?

aka$h

MB Enthusiast
Car
Anything with a 3 Pointed Star!
Im thinking of getting a CLK cabrio this summer (w208)
Ive seen one before with a hardtop on it, I know MB dont make one, Anyone know who does?

Thanks

Last edited:
Quite a lot of companys advertise in Mercedes Enthusiaist usually... Will look tomo for you..

Jay

Doesnt that company that do all the freaky bodywork do one?

That belgian mob that do the Lookalikies W202 with a W203 back and front end?

fuzzer said:
Doesnt that company that do all the freaky bodywork do one?

That belgian mob that do the Lookalikies W202 with a W203 back and front end?
yes

06.jpg

http://www.vhtuning.be

EDIT: also, why was this posted in "general discussion" when IMHO it looks more like bodywork section material? Moving...

Last edited:
My CLK hardtop is made by Weismann and their web site is
http://www.csi-auto.nl/carshopping/0328/pagina.htm

It is a quality product but it cost £4500 new ( not me it came with the car). The fittings are very similar to the BMW 325i cabrio and needs some heavy duty work for the rear. The heated rear window is wired through the rear fittings.

I thinks it is bought as a kit. You could buy the roof second hand but would need the fitting kit. If you want pictures let me know.

I use the sling for the BMW to keep the top under the garage roof during summer.

I noticed quite a difference in stiffness of the body and noise in the BMW with the hardtop but with the CLK it is hard to tell unless you are looking for a ticket. Looks cool though and coupe like. In the winter you lose the advantage of more boot space though.

rgds

dave

Didnt think they'd be so expensive, and its probably next to impossible to find one used.
I think ill buy a cabriolet for the summer and sell it come winter. Then buy another coupe.

aka$h said:
I think ill buy a cabriolet for the summer and sell it come winter. Then buy another coupe.
That sounds like buying high and selling low to me, that's the opposite way around to the way you should do it! :crazy:

The quality of a CLK soft top with it's multi layers is way ahead of many others in particular BMW. BMW make a hard top for their cabriolets, but the CLK does not really need one. have had both models with tops the CLK does not really need one.

The only benifit of the hard top is noise if you were doing a lot of motorway driving. Security is an added benifit but the main reason for the hard top is look. :cool:

I had a CLK320 convertible .. with the top up, it was quieter and more refined that my current C240 Sport !! You don't need a hard top, unless it is for security, in which case, what do you do in summer? Best to get the SLK or maybe a Peugeot 307CC :mad:

Must be some kind of a record, surely? Unless, of course, somebody knows different...

The quality of a CLK soft top with it's multi layers is way ahead of many others in particular BMW. BMW make a hard top for their cabriolets, but the CLK does not really need one. have had both models with tops the CLK does not really need one.

The only benifit of the hard top is noise if you were doing a lot of motorway driving. Security is an added benifit but the main reason for the hard top is look. :cool:
Holy thread resurrection I know BUT sometimes things are better to be revived than reborn 🤭

Hopefully you're still a member

I've just purchased a hard top but it doesn't come with any fittings

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom