Clk2000K convertible, audio 10 question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Deny556

Car
CLK 2000K cabrio year 2000
Hi guys
The car is W208 CLK2000K convertible from year 2000. Audio system is MB Audio 10, cd changer in trunk, and Hayes (equivalent Nokia) speakers. Two tweeters up in front door, a pair of front and a pair of back speakers in the door as well.
My question is, since this is not BOSE system, do I have amplifier in the back of the car?
Second question is, do I have subwoofer in the middle of the back seat or not? There is a small "grill" on the right place for it but i am not so sure that this system have subwoofer.

Now, i am checking all this because my left "back" speaker doesnt work and if i have subwoofer, even sub is not working......
I changed speaker from left door to the right and it still doesnt work. So, it is not the speaker who is faulty it must be either main stereo unit or the amplifier if i have one. I doubt that this is fuse issue, i dont think that left back channel have own fuse. All other things are working.

I appreciate any answer and any kind of help.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

The sub between the rear seats is obvious in the form of two tubes above the transmission tunnel.
Had the same system in our 208 and no amp in the boot, nor sub woofers between the seats, just the single speaker.

Hi,

The sub between the rear seats is obvious in the form of two tubes above the transmission tunnel.
Had the same system in our 208 and no amp in the boot, nor sub woofers between the seats, just the single speaker.
Hi again and thank You for Your answer.Mercedes_Benz_CLK320+Interior_Bose_Rear_Seat_Subwoofer.jpgs-l1600.jpg

According to my knowledge, sub with two tubes abowe the transmission tunel is in W209 not W208 and its usssually Harman kardon or Bose. First picture...

W208 have different sub grill (see second picture) and have Bose text on it if its Bose. Now, non Bose system have the same grill in place but i dint know if they have some kind of sub,, loudspeaker or none at all.
I have two different answers now that non Bose system doesnt have amplifier.

I think that if I have som kind of loudspeaker there, it possibly doesnt work because my left "back" chanel in door is not working either, maybe they are connected in line somehow....
I probably need to start with checking the head unit for the loss of left back channel.....

Any further information is appreciated.

Thanks again and have a nice day

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom