Clock accuracy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cool Mart

Car
S430, Marcos Mantaray 4.6
The clock on my S430 loses about 20 seconds a day, every week I'm having to move it forward a couple of minutes.

Anyone else experience this with thiers ?

the clock on our W124 only ever needs changing twice a year when we either put the clocks forward or backward. Same on the W123 and our previous W124.
Quality :)

Andy

Never had any problem with accuracy on any of the six Mercedes I have owned. Must be a fault somewhere, could be a battery problem.:eek:

Cool Mart said:
The clock on my S430 loses about 20 seconds a day, every week I'm having to move it forward a couple of minutes.

Anyone else experience this with thiers ?

arent the clocks in the w220 controlled by satellite. you shuldnt be losing a second.

Last edited:
I have heard of problems on CLKs like this. Mercedes solution is to replace the entire instrument cluster not cheap. There have been posts on the forum about people who repair them but you would have to send it away/ leave it with them so probably not an option?

It might be due to the theory that fast clocks run slow.

Try driving slower :D

Thanks Mioba - well remembered !

I clicked the link while at work and pressed 'print' before realising there were 243 pages ..... maybe I'll save that for when the boss isn't around !

Martin

comand (if you have it in your S class) should take the time from the comand (from the gps time) and automatically set the clock atfer about 20 seconds from starting the ignition.

do your steering wheel controls work properly? if not it could be the canbus connection to the cluster.....

mioba said:
FAO Cool_mart

if your still trying to locate a comand manual and need a quick fix, they are online at

http://home.earthlink.net/~phdwebsite/comand_manual.htm

hope it helps
Thanks for the link, but what a pity they are not for the European COMAND. I have only looked at the E-class variants and they lack all the excellent European features, but that is nit picking.

Thanks very much.
John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom