Close Shave With "Blues and Twos"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
GregE240 said:
Still, on a private runway last Sunday managed 160 in my wife's Boxster, and a friend in a RUF R Turbo managed 200mph.....incredible.

Gotta give it to them Germans!

This has to be at Bruntingthorpe. :devil:

I rang them to ask about a GTG there but it's a bit pricey.

What was it like, worth the money.

Up a dual carriageway northbound from Cheltenham. Doing approx 125 spotted a white van with tinted side window on the bridge above, slammed the anchors pulled in behind a coach, cruised by at 60.... lovely :)

Dieselman said:

What sort of pricey??

I am sure divided between a dozen or so of us, there would be enough interest from the speed hungary gang?

My car seems run in since Germany, I want another top speed run!!

Is this the Bruntingthorpe in Leic's? If so - I'd deffo be interested - only a spit from the MIL :crazy: and both Hub's n me have been saying how great it would be to have a go somewhere safe ;) :cool:

I'd be interested too .. :D

Yeah - me too! I need a new set of tyres for the C32 so I might as well see off the current ones off in style! :D

Dieselman said:

Yep, it was Bruntingthorpe.

Well worth the money. We had 33 cars there which worked out at around £140 each for the drivers. Bear in mind that was an all day price.

Its great fun, loads of run off so safe as houses. I speak from experience (backwards in a Ferrari 348 is not recommended for the faint hearted).

Could work out better if everyone was interested if we booked the ground for a morning, then went for a pub lunch afterwards. My concern with saloon cars doing that sort of thing is brakes - they will get cooked. Simple as that. At the run last month we had a Brabus SV12 which cooked its brakes in no time at all.

Thoughts, anyone? I'm happy to look into arranging something.

Brakes and tyres will cook with intensive abuse (I hear the surface is particularly bad on tyres). Personally I would only want a fairly short session to just play and see when the back breaks loose and do a few flat out runs (maybe timed)?

Not timed as such Graham. We have had a set of lasers hooked up to speed detecting equipment at the end of the runway. You go through it and your speed appears on a giant LED screen.

I'm sold if we can have a shorter session to bring the price down a little.

Yeah, Santa Pod run what you brung is only a tenner, but you only get a 1/4 mile and this is more open and controlled.

Very interested.

Maybe we should have a new thread??

Like I said earlier, I'm game for a laugh but maybe you should start a new thread to get more interest?

Thread for Bruntingthorpe day

here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom