• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

CLS 219 M272 (3.5 V6 CGI) - real fuel consumption

MRkCLS

Car
Mercedes-Benz CLS w219 350 CGI, Mazda Mx-3 2.5 V6 KLZE
Hello everybody,

I would like to ask the owners of MB cars equipped with the piezoelectric injectors about the real fuel consumption in and out the city.

I personally owe a CLS with the 3.5 V6 CGI engine ,that runs about 15-20 mpg urban and about 25 extra urban. It wouldn't surprising if it was 5.0 V8, but in this case I believe something is causing a higher fuel consumption.

Nevertheless, feel free to share you experience. Cheers

Not really, because it was better 3 months ago when I bought it ;) I also heard that they can run about 25 mpg urban and 35 on the motorway. I was really close to that score (23/32), but the car got really hungry now.

take it for long run at high speed to clear its lungs?

Mine easily does 26mpg on a 6 mile urban run to my gfs. At motorway speeds being very smooth and keeping approx. to the limit 30mpg+ is achievable but cruising at 80-90 (where legal) sees it drop off fairly rapidly as do bouts of acceleration.

I have super wide AMG wheels/tyres and always run AC, so could probably be a couple of mpg higher on the motorway without this.

Bit disappointing TBH - the M272 is based on the M112 engine which I had in my CLK and could hit 37mpg in that, although clearly a much smaller car but the 7sp gearbox and technical developments meant I'd hoped it would do the same as the CLK. In fact it kind of does get the same or better in urban conditions it's just the motorway cruising it can't match the mpg. And it is mightily fast and torquey compared to the old unit so I shouldn't complain too much I guess.

The CGI technology was designed for and can apparently deliver significantly better mpgs with ultra low sulphur petrol, which doesn't seem to be available in the UK yet annoyingly.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom