CLS55 M113K engine bay refresh

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

moodi

Car
CLS55
Following on from another thread here around the theme of what to do when the engine cover star emblem falls off and you can't buy another the same size, I finally finished my light engine bay refresh. I have always hated the amount of grey plastic in these engine bays.

Next steps = Surge tanks in VHT black and a very deep clean (including a clean of the supercharger casing).

Did not really have any before pics, but here is a standard CLS55 engine bay:

mercedes-benz-cls-55-amg-11.jpg

And here is the end result

8WveNC5l.jpg

0qA4m4El.jpg

I can only see the before pic :(

Thanks all, this is how they should have left the factory!

Star was a brand new centre cap from the dealer which sits 1-2mm smaller than the holes the original star (which you cannot buy) sat in. Holes were filled with epoxy putty and sanded back before painting.

The grill is the original grill which was also bonded (epoxy).

New star is just VHB tape bonded on but I will probably change that for a bit of epoxy putty too as not sure the VHB will last with the engine heat.

Looks nice and neat. I have to say though I rather like the original silver finish. That said I am a bit of a magpie, I like spangly things.

Looks nice and neat. I have to say though I rather like the original silver finish. That said I am a bit of a magpie, I like spangly things.

I agree, nice job on it but I prefer the sliver original look - makes the engine look larger also.

I agree, nice job on it but I prefer the sliver original look - makes the engine look larger also.

Personal preference I guess

Look forward to seeing how you tackle the kompressor casing.

Nothing too fancy, probably just a deep clean. Does anyone know what it is made of? Aluminium?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom