Coil springs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flt.eng

Car
E320 avantgared
Can anyone comment, on the SACHS rear springs (for w211 e320 ;sports suspension:) Sold through Europarts. With the club discount, they seem a very good buy.

No issues with quality but ...

Can anyone comment, on the SACHS rear springs (for w211 e320 ;sports suspension:) Sold through Europarts. With the club discount, they seem a very good buy.

Your replacement spring specification depends on the options fitted to your car. Auto box is heavier so stronger springs may be needed. Air con, sunroof, larger engine, even a radio can add points to the equation used for specifying the spring rating. MB knows these things best but so do Sachs, Bilstein, H&R. Eibach and, doubtless, others.

As long as you get this right, all should be well.

To answer your original question, yes, Sachs is good stuff.

RayH

Your replacement spring specification depends on the options fitted to your car. Auto box is heavier so stronger springs may be needed. Air con, sunroof, larger engine, even a radio can add points to the equation used for specifying the spring rating. MB knows these things best but so do Sachs, Bilstein, H&R. Eibach and, doubtless, others.

As long as you get this right, all should be well.

To answer your original question, yes, Sachs is good stuff.

RayH

Thanks for your reply & did realise all the implications for the spec. But good of you to remind me.
You may be able to tell me, & it may sound stupid. But what are the indications, of a broken spring. I only found mine because I removed the rear wheel & was carrying out a general close inspection & cleaning.That I noticed the crack at the very bottom. I had not realised anything wrong in driving & it had just had an MOT. I think in these circumstances, There could be a lot of people, driving around unaware. I was.

Comments from others?

You may be able to tell me, & it may sound stupid. But what are the indications, of a broken spring.

I really can't say as the only broken spring I've ever been involved with was on my mum's Standard 10 in about 1962.

Sorry.

RayH

Sometimes you will be unaware of a broken spring.
They often break close to the bottom end due to corrosion in this area.
I had one recently on the W210 E300TD and was unaware of it until I spotted it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom