Comand knob

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

carnut

Car
SL400 & audi A1
The right hand knob on my comand has become sticky over time. Is it possible ( and easy) to replace this?

View attachment 11730

hopefully its just a pull of but I dont want to try and break it in my ignorance!:(

Last edited:
Just going to pull your knob, are you..:rolleyes:

They do just pull to remove, though where will you source another, if you know of a source I might want one.

Get in touch with Alfie who is a member on here and also owns www.comandonline.co.uk

He might have old comands that are beyond repair and therefore may be able to help you.

It seems like a ware item, I just browsed eBay.de for W203 Comand units and got a list of replacement knobs for that one.

Just going to pull your knob, are you..:rolleyes:

They do just pull to remove, though where will you source another, if you know of a source I might want one.

Are you sure? as my RHs one rubber is torn and peeling off. I managed to scourse a replacement but was told the front panel needs to come off which means removing the whole unit.

Hope you are right Dieselman, as it may save me alot of trouble.

I'm pretty sure that they just pull off. They look the same as the Audio xx range of tape/CD players, and I'm fairly sure that's how you remove them.

Will

Are you sure? as my RHs one rubber is torn and peeling off. I managed to scourse a replacement but was told the front panel needs to come off which means removing the whole unit.

Hope you are right Dieselman, as it may save me alot of trouble.

You have to remove the front on most units as the knob has a lip on it

The right hand knob on my comand has become sticky over time. Is it possible ( and easy) to replace this?

View attachment 11730

hopefully its just a pull of but I dont want to try and break it in my ignorance!:(

Hmmm that picture looks mighty familiar to me:rolleyes:

The knobs are correctly replaced by removing the front off the comand and dismantling it. Its a tricky process involving lots of screws an some patience.

I dont have any good spares at present but I do have a whole replacement front panel with good knobs for a W203 comand 2 unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom