• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Comand not working

Coddie

Car
CLC 350
Afternoon all..
In my infinite wisdom I decided to remove the CD changer from my CLC350.. one of the CD carriages was jammed. After I replaced the unit the whole comand system will not turn on. I get the MB logo for a few seconds and it disappears.
I've tried the eject button suggestion I read in the forums. The navigation DVD ejects but nothing else happens. I've tried disconnecting the battery in the hopes of a re set and that isn't working. I've obviously fouled up some along the line. Looking for any hints or pointers...
Ta

One of the connectors not fully seated?

The COMAND is seeing an open fibre optic ring when it tries to start. The CDC is on the fibre optic ring - so You either didnt plug one of the two CDC connectors in (fibre and power) or blew the fuse for the CDC, or broke the CDC itself

One of the connectors not fully seated?
Thanks for the suggestionI'm assuming that that would be behind the main unit in the dashboard. I've no idea how these units are removed. Is there a guide anywhere
The COMAND is seeing an open fibre optic ring when it tries to start. The CDC is on the fibre optic ring - so You either didnt plug one of the two CDC connectors in (fibre and power) or blew the fuse for the CDC, or broke the CDC itself
Thanks for the information.
Both connections at the back of the changer are back in, but it wasn't working before and didn't show on the Audio menu..so I'll check the fuse first. I'm assuming it has a separate on located behind the dashboard.

Update..I found the fuse that is on the CD player circuit and it was blown replacing it did nothing as the system won't start up fully. So I'm assuming that the CD changer is history. Before I go any further is anyone aware of any updates available for instance Bluetooth connectivity or similar.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom