Condesnsation in LED blinker

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kam05

Car
C220CDI Sport (COMAND) W204
I have some condensation in my n/s/f 57 plate W204 C220CDI LED blinker/indicator.

I have spoken to MBUK and they reckon as the car is out of warranty, I will be paying the full cost of a replacement- but they said take the car to my local dealer to assess the damage and they (MBUK) might be able to make a contribution to the repair- depending on what the dealer says.

Does anyone know how much a replacement LED blinker/indicator costs? (supply & fit). I have called my dealer parts department and I am waiting for them to come back to me with a price.

Thanks

Last edited:
The part cost on my E Class was a shade under £25 and it wasn't particularly hard to fit myself. I'd imagine an MB dealer might charge £80 all in assuming similar part cost and half an hour's labour.

If there's any visible damage to the unit that might let water in, you can forget any contribution.

Edit: part number appears to be A204 820 07 21 (would need VIN to confirm), £21.49 at Inchcape.

Last edited:
Got quote from MB Skipton- £47 supply & fit.

Wow - not bad at all, although that part will cost them well under £20 and they can probably fit it in 10 minutes.

Yeah- part costs about £23 and the rest is labour.

Can't complain...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom