Considering Dynavin..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Get a good guarantee from the seller as those units are unreliable and often dont integrate with the cluster etc as they claim.

What features are looking for over and above what you have?

You will adversely affect the value of the car if you change the head unit but if you keep the old parts you can always put it back as standard before selling when that day comes.

Album art
More up to date sat nav ( i.e. Apple maps google maps/ android auto car play)
Bluetooth streaming
Touch screen

I have replaced the 30pin iPod adapter with a Bluetooth streaming dongle. But that's all controlled from my phone. Not ideal if plod pulls up beside me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My advice, for what it's worth, is give it a bit of time to be 100% sure you can't live with the old one. I went through the must have something better phase as everyone probably does but found I adapted quite easily and then saved my self a fortune, mine's an NTG1 so bigger bucks/headaches involved.

I now do nearly all my driving using the directions in the instrument cluster now, the countdown is far more useful, much safer given the crap position of the COMAND screen, and miss this function in newer cars with supposedly better navs as Alfie hinted at. The limited postcode function isn't great but I found I started using the POIs more and most of the places I needed directions to were businesses, eg hotels etc, so easily found.

Yes, the graphics aren't great but i leave it on MAP when not using the nav which at least is a rainbow bedspread like a lot of current nav screens as it's handy for traffic at any time.

As Alfie also mentioned, I read loads of horror stories of these cheap (quality not so much price!) head units packing up quite early in their life though you might get one of the goods obviously.

Yeh, can't disagree with any of that. But it is still dated, and controlling stuff with the direction button and pressing ok, is a bit of a faff

Album art
More up to date sat nav ( i.e. Apple maps google maps/ android auto car play)
Bluetooth streaming
Touch screen

I have replaced the 30pin iPod adapter with a Bluetooth streaming dongle. But that's all controlled from my phone. Not ideal if plod pulls up beside me.

You have linguatronic I think. Have you tried using that to control the various functions?

You can control the ipod from the steering wheel/comand via the media interface.

You have linguatronic I think. Have you tried using that to control the various functions?

You can control the ipod from the steering wheel/comand via the media interface.

I mainly use Spotify.

Think I'll stick for now, it's an expensive outlay.

Watched a few dynavin reviews online, looks a bit laggy and cheap

I mainly use Spotify.

Think I'll stick for now, it's an expensive outlay.

Watched a few dynavin reviews online, looks a bit laggy and cheap

As well as looking like something from the Early Learning centre with all those primary colours!

As well as looking like something from the Early Learning centre with all those primary colours!

Yeh, looks like a cheap android copy.

Thanks for the info on the tech side tho [emoji1303]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom