Cornering lamps - W204 facelift

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

8bit

Car
2013 C63 AMG Coupe
Got a warning on the dash for "Right Cornering Light". Presuming the bulb had failed I bought new ones. Now I cannot for the life of me get the bulb and holder to securely locate into the light cluster. Obviously it's a matter of inserting the holder and rotating it but I just can't get it fixed in place. Any advice?

Also, I started the electrics with the new bulb connected (but loose behind the lamp) to make sure the problem was sorted and I still get the "Right Cornering Light" message on the dash. Does this mean there's something else amiss instead of the bulb, or does the message need to be cleared, either manually or by starting it properly and using it?

Just to close this out, and in case it helps anyone else in future - this issue resolved itself this evening. I nipped out to get petrol as it was getting dark out so the auto lights came on. This meant that the cornering lights would be working when indicating or turning within certain speeds. I parked up facing a dark office building with glass frontage and noticed that the cornering lights were operating as they should. The warning on the dash disappeared also.

So it seems to get the lamp bulb warning to clear, you have to actually use that bulb...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom