damm that cupholder

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SimonLA

Car
1999 E300 Turbodiesel
Ok, I,ve just fitted the retractable cupholder from MB in my W210 TD. Thing is it's designed for a left hand car and the cup is just too near my wandering elbow. I was in a W210TD Taxi (funnily enough) in Munich last week and the cabbie reckons they do a RH version ???, but I can't find it anywhere and my local MB dealer just thinks I'm a fussy git...anyone had any experience of a RH one ??

SimonLA said:
Ok, I,ve just fitted the retractable cupholder from MB in my W210 TD. Thing is it's designed for a left hand car and the cup is just too near my wandering elbow. I was in a W210TD Taxi (funnily enough) in Munich last week and the cabbie reckons they do a RH version ???, but I can't find it anywhere and my local MB dealer just thinks I'm a fussy git...anyone had any experience of a RH one ??
I don't believe so ... no

You would think that they would make one, if not for the strange UK people maybe for the demanding Japanese market.

We could try firing some altered part numbers at the DC parts computer, see what it comes back with.

Shude said:
You would think that they would make one, if not for the strange UK people maybe for the demanding Japanese market.

We could try firing some altered part numbers at the DC parts computer, see what it comes back with.
Im a fairly big dude and i don't have a problem with the cupholders opening into the offside.

I know what you mean. And I've got a manual gearbox :crazy:

I fitted one about a week ago, ordered through MB in the UK. It also has the top cup holder that goes towards the drivers seat, when I questioned this they looked on the computer and told me that was the only one.

I also have to say for £20ish it is an absolute work of art, well done Mercedes.

One of those fun toys to just play with and amuse people, isn't it :D (Don't put anything too heavy in the part that swivels towards the driver though . . . doesn't feel like its made to take too much weight.)

S.

Anders said:
I am now intrigued - partnumbers and pictures would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
Anders

B6 692 0102 - £ 23.44

Piccys in the modtanica thread. (Do a search for modtanica)

S.

sym said:
Anders

B6 692 0102 - £ 23.44

Piccys in the modtanica thread. (Do a search for modtanica)

S.

Just did that no pic of cupholder - just red x file marker :eek:

Check my sig, and my gallery for 1 shot of it.

Its the bestest £20 you will spend

That looks quite different to mine, mine looks like this:
1a_1_b.JPG

18_1.JPG

I don't find it gets in the way, but it would be nicer if it went towards the passenger side.

Picked up the cupholder today, and what a nicely engineered mod this is! Excellent!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom