Dash Cams etc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Amy

Car
SLK 250 AMG
I really feel the need to protect my investment with some form of video recording, just so I have something to show my insurance when shyte happens
But i dont want an ugly appendage stuck to the wind screen, blocking my view and spoiling the look
I dont see the need either for a device with a screen, just a discrete little camera going back to a recording device which can be hidden remotely

Why cant Car makers build them in, as they have done with satnav?

Some of the cameras are now so small and discreet they are totally hidden behind the RVM and can't be seen by the driver.

Reactions: Amy
If you position it right a dashcam will sit behind the rear view mirror so you won’t see it.

I have one installed in my E Class and its tucked right up and out the way. Gives a clear view and the wiring is tucked into the headlining and down the A pillar.

There are smaller models out there than mine now too. So shouldn’t be too obtrusive. :)

I installed ddpai as recommended by a poster on here, unobtrusive and sits behind mirror, no screen you monitor it by using smartphone or tablet, has a push button, which can be located anywhere to take an instant picture. About £65, I am well pleased with it

I installed ddpai as recommended by a poster on here, unobtrusive and sits behind mirror, no screen you monitor it by using smartphone or tablet, has a push button, which can be located anywhere to take an instant picture. About £65, I am well pleased with it
Which model do you have? Where can you get a permanent power supply from for constant recording? Reading the reviews, it seems they are very popular

Hi

Have a look on here
DashCamTalk

I have hard wired in three Blueskysea BW1 cams from Amazon now (one on each car in the family)
SFSG

Quality is fine and the app works well to view footage

Mini2, plugs into cigarette lighter socket, with two USB ports.

Sorry do not know where to connect permanently, I am sure someone on here will advise

I have a Qvia AR790 2-channel system installed and permanently wired. Very discreet and very good. 18 months in and thankfully have not required it, so to speak.

Is there any particular make which you would suggest?

I went for a Nextbase camera purely as it was in Halfords so easy to return if problems.

I’m sure there’s many good brands out there though. My main stipulation is 1080p resolution. Less than that and you’ll find it hard to read numberplates on the footage.

I went for a Nextbase camera purely as it was in Halfords so easy to return if problems.

I’m sure there’s many good brands out there though. My main stipulation is 1080p resolution. Less than that and you’ll find it hard to read numberplates on the footage.

Be careful when selecting a Dash Cam, My Nextbase 312GW internal Battery gave up in around 18 Months, this is a known problem with Nextbase and the only solution is to source a similar Battery yourself or return it to Nextbase in Caerphilly.:wallbash:

Be careful when selecting a Dash Cam, My Nextbase 312GW internal Battery gave up in around 18 Months, this is a known problem with Nextbase and the only solution is to source a similar Battery yourself or return it to Nextbase in Caerphilly.:wallbash:

I run it off a live fuse so it’s powered when I leave the car. Battery lasted a while but only claims something silly like 5-10 minutes of life anyway so I just assumed it remained powered if you want it to record with the engine off.

But yeah makes a difference if you want it to operate without a power source at times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom