Dash light (W210)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stuart K

Car
E220 CDI Estate
Hi

I've got a W210 estate Advantgarde E220 CDI, 2002. I noticed last night that one of the back lights on the dash board has gone and that shall annoy me!!

It is in the centre consol where you have : temp adjust for passanger, dial for air flow, dial for air direction (screen, vents, foot well etc) and the nhe temp adjust for passanger.

The left hand side no longer lights up when I have the lights on. Is this easy to fix? Looks like a lot of dash to take out to get too?? Advice to some one who isn't too good at this sort of thing.

Thanks

Last edited:
I'm sure someone will be along shortky who knows the answer, but I have exactly the same problem with my W202 except that if I turn the fan up full and return it back to it's original position the light comes on!

Okey dokey
Remove the air distribution knob (not the temperature one)This just pulls off - You may need a pair of pliers (with a cloth on the jaws to prevent marking it)

you will see the bulb underneath, but they are a sod to get out - you should be able to get it out with a piece of rubber tube or a straw. DONT use long nosed pliers or you WILL break the bulb.
You can get new bulbs from Mercedes or Halfords - fitting is the reverse of removing. Don't be tempted to use your fingers to put them in as if you're anything like me, you will drop the bulb.

Oh cool. Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a go this weekend and report back.

I had visions of having to un screw parks of the dash board...

Re Joe's comment. Mine did that (came on when I turned the dial up) but now doesn't work at all..so I'm hoping (and am fairly sure) its the bulb. Maybe your is on its way out too..

you can usually prove it's the bulb by 'flicking' the knob. The light will come on for a while.

Thanks guys, have the same problem in the W208, tried `tapping` the knob but nothing, will be taking it apart this wekend then!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom