Detroit AUTO SHOW 2009: Mercedes-Benz E-Class Revealed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JasM

MB Enthusiast
Car
Vito 119 Tourer Select
2010_mercedes_benz_e_class_official_image_main.jpg

http://www.egmcartech.com/2009/01/11/detroit-naias-2009-2010-mercedes-benz-e-class-revealed/

Oh the front lights look wrong....almost like a far eastern nasty Kia chairman car...

' Safe, comfortable, efficient'

How many focus groups did MB speak to to come up with those model launching words? They're all true, but not very dynamic and uplifting to me. Also, have MB dropped the word 'quality' from their products these days? ;)

Marketing aside.....I've not yet warmed to the style of the car, maybe that will come in time.

Dodgy moustache, matches the colour of the car though!

Russ

Note that it also has the standard 'forum' pedal mods! :bannana:

I notice it's not got the W221 S class LCD dashboard. Shame. I like the interior though, and the design and engineering thought that has gone into it (lower drag again!) make it a good bet in my mind.

Hyndai back lights Jaguar gear knob Renault 18 bonnet same stupid parking brake if it is 10 times better than my 8 month old E-Class it still wont be good enough

White really looks great on all the new MBs.

The style detailing on it looks fussy and cheap. Rear wheel arch in that shot looks wrong.

It's interesting though that just like the W204 it's white that seems to suit it best. W210, W211, W203 all look dreadful in white (IMHO). The W204 and W212 look least dreadful in white!

Hyndai back lights Jaguar gear knob Renault 18 bonnet same stupid parking brake if it is 10 times better than my 8 month old E-Class it still wont be good enough

If it's that bad , get rid of it ...

I wouldn't keep a car i didn't like :rolleyes: Unless you keep it to torture yourself and you like grizzling about it ?

the design and engineering thought that has gone into it

Looks like they thumbed through the BMW and Jaguar brochures.

Then they started cutting up the pictures and jumbled the bits they liked together.

It's the sort of approach to marketing and product design that led to the 'New Coke' debacle.

If it's that bad , get rid of it ...

I wouldn't keep a car i didn't like :rolleyes: Unless you keep it to torture yourself and you like grizzling about it ?

Yes I will sell it but an 8 month old car when a new model is just comming out is not the best time to sell unless you want it ?

No , it sounds terrible ....

It's interesting though that just like the W204 it's white that seems to suit it best. W210, W211, W203 all look dreadful in white (IMHO). The W204 and W212 look least dreadful in white!

I saw one of the new Jaguars in white yesterday, without doubt it was the ugliest cars I've ever seen.

Russ

a Mercedes that looks like a cross between a Hyundai and a Lexus

hideous

lines all over place

confused

headlights are awful .. what are the LED slashes about

the back is just wrong ..

if you removed the star badges .. it could be anything.

Don't like it

I don't like it. It manages somehow, depsite having both 221 and 204 styling clues, to look completely un MB like. Its a very american looking car IMHO. I am sure once your inside driving it it should be good, but so is the outgoing car.

However the promo words don't mention quality, something that MB centers around. I want to hear how the car will last and last and do millions of miles, not whether it can brake by itself and dip its effing headlights, thats what the driver is for.

I am glad I don't like it, as I couldn't afford one anyway, so I will not be discontented by my lovely 211 yet.

ok , time for me to become a turncoat.

Im sold... especially in white.

ok , time for me to become a turncoat.

Im sold... especially in white.

Cool, I'll snap up you're nice E320cdi when you get your 212.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom