Did you know (W202 owners)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Koolvin

Administrator
Staff member
Car
W168, W169 & S202
Estate W202 model C180 came in 1.8L and 2.0L

and there was a C200 Kompressor!!!!!

Thats a new one on me Koolvin ....

Where did you read that ?

What model year did this happen in ? I know the first batch of w203 C180's were 2.0 litres in disguise , This has now been superceeded by a C180 Kompressor.

The 200 kompressor was used in the last batch of C200 estates as the estate was still on sale at the same time as the w203 using the same engine. I believe that was on w202 estates production year 2001 >

Originally posted by Koolvin
Estate W202 model C180 came in 1.8L and 2.0L

and there was a C200 Kompressor!!!!!

Like fuzzer says, I could only have been on the overlap year, when the W203 estate was not quit out.

Not officially listed anywhere as far as I know.

Look at how long the BMW E30 convertable and tourings where available, when the E36 saloon had been launched.

Did know about this as Jimmys roof box came off a C200 K Classic "Special" estate.....

Dont know what the special was....it was a Benz badge as well....

In many catalogues I kept seeing W202 C200K so one day when I had enough I investigated it! - sure enough it was true!

Originally posted by Wheelie
Did know about this as Jimmys roof box came off a C200 K Classic "Special" estate.....

Dont know what the special was....it was a Benz badge as well....

That was for the last of the 202 style estates, they put a few extras on to try and move them quick as everybody was wanting or waiting for the 203 estates.

I think it was a Classic with A/C, leather and rear centre armrest at no extra cost.:cool:

I looked at one before I bought mine, Y-reg with 700 miles on the clock, a bit out of my price range at the time.:p

Like you say it was a C180 but had a 2.0 Litre engine, didnt realise they did a Kompressor version though until the most recent models.

The classic special never came with leather .. it was just rear cente armrest etc. If it has leather in it , it was more than likely going to be MB lex. You can tell of the front door airbag sections are ruffled or stretched flat. Ruffled is leather , flat is LEX .

The elegance could be ordered in a LUX pack giving leather seats , heated seats and power seats for a small fee.

The lux pack is often refered to as an "L.E" and you will see that on a lot of the last K reg w201 190's .

Im not sure about the sport or esprit. Who orders the esprit anyway ??

I need to get out more :(

Me too - ex Bradford & Bingley company car.

R

ok , i take that back then ...:eek:

Sorry chaps

I suppose im just old , i prefer the wood to the Carbon fibre effect dash on them :crazy:

Thats always managed to confuse me.

I thought....

C180=1.8
C200=2.0
C230=2.3 etc.....

Why do they put a 2.0 in and label it C180?
Similar to BMW's, the new E46 316i is in fact a 1.9?!!!!:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom