Diesel Software Update

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thing is, I'm getting lower MPG even when I change into 7th manually on the motorway! As in to say, it's not the only cause of decreased MPG.

Mapper has told me to get mine updated for any benefits, and he'll sort out any unwanted side effects.

Hmmm, that doesn't sound right... unless it's Big Fish tuning, maybe. Who is it?

Tell MB to do the service but NOT the ECU/DPF update, give them some of the reasons why, if they insist on the update don't have the service. That's what I'll do next Thurs. They can stop my service contract, pay me back what I've paid this last year, and I'll find an Indi. When is your service due? Let us know what they say.

Sat I the readership at the moment. Service sheet came out and i was asked to sign to approve work.
On it was the diesel software update, I said I didn't want that, she just put a line through it and wrote "customer declined"

Sat I the readership at the moment. Service sheet came out and i was asked to sign to approve work.
On it was the diesel software update, I said I didn't want that, she just put a line through it and wrote "customer declined"
Well done.

It will be interesting to see if the car drives differently or returns different mpg figures after the service ....

Pretty pissed off at the MBUK customer services person who insisted that the update was not voluntary (i.e. that it was possible to opt out), after I complained to them.

Pretty pissed off at the MBUK customer services person who insisted that the update was not voluntary (i.e. that it was possible to opt out), after I complained to them.
I warned you guys in Feb if it isn't on the DVSA site it's not compulsory in this country.

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see if the car drives differently or returns different mpg figures after the service ....

I know what you mean......... I don't trust them either.

The mileage counter/average mpg etc. has been reset, but I guess they disconnected battery before carrying out the planned work.

What I might do, is give it a few weeks, and call up MB to see if there's any recalls outstanding and see if they mention the diesel update like they did with the steering column when they both were last month.

The ~30 mile drive home was seemed normal though.

I know what you mean......... I don't trust them either.

The mileage counter/average mpg etc. has been reset, but I guess they disconnected battery before carrying out the planned work.

What I might do, is give it a few weeks, and call up MB to see if there's any recalls outstanding and see if they mention the diesel update like they did with the steering column when they both were last month.

The ~30 mile drive home was seemed normal though.

Sounds to me like they have updated it! Mine had it done and the mpg was reset on the readout. I’ve disconnected the battery before for a few hours and the MPG didn’t reset then.

But mine had the software update but they didn't reset anything. I reset the trip computer myself so that I could see if the MPG dropped (which it did).

But mine had the software update but they didn't reset anything. I reset the trip computer myself so that I could see if the MPG dropped (which it did).
Did you reset before or after the update?

Should I have been charged £90 + vat for this update to have been done ?

Really? Why are you paying? Most people here got it done when the car went in for the service and therefore it was 'free' i.e. no additional charge.

Should I have been charged £90 + vat for this update to have been done ?
You will be charged for any update that you ask the dealer to carry-out.

However, updates carried-out under a recall are free.

At any rare, the issue members here had was that some dealers just carried-out the update without asking the customers first... so you're in luck, if they offered to carry it out for a charge, you were at least in a position to refuse the upgrade - an option some members here didn't have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom