Diesel Tuning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Jimmy,

I'm looking at a 250TD tomorrow, any tips?

Yes I've taken a dposit on the ML, was made an offer I couldn't refuse. It'll be nice to get back to some real grunt...... (diesel power!)

Can you let me know how much these boxes are - my CDi one won't fit so I may have that for sale.

Thanks

R

Jimmy, you said the petrol plug in module wasn't ready, if I read this correctly.

Any idea of date and cost? You're quite near me so it would be good to meet you as well. I'm near Daventry.

Originally posted by Richard W
Jimmy,

I'm looking at a 250TD tomorrow, any tips?

Yeah, buy it, chip it and grin:D

I don't know of any major problems peculiar to this model. Worth checking the pre-heating system works OK, any sign of poor starting when cold means the glow plugs are dodgy, this is a big job as they are hard to get to, parts are cheap enough just the labour.

The TD Tuning boxes retail at £300, I dont mind fitting it for you it involves a bit of soldering. Contact me for members prices.;)

Originally posted by GregE240
Jimmy, you said the petrol plug in module wasn't ready, if I read this correctly.

Any idea of date and cost? You're quite near me so it would be good to meet you as well. I'm near Daventry.

I have some of the units here suitable for the Mercedes petrol cars, it's just the wiring diagrams that I am awaiting. MB have a copyright on the plugs so nobody can make a plug in device, it has to be a piggy back unit that needs to be connected to existing wires. I am having some plugs made up so that it can be made removable and reverted back to standard.

The E240 at 170Hp gains another 15bhp and another 25NM of torque.

The naturally aspirated petrol units retail at £300 too. Again contact me for members terms.

Thanks Jimmy, it's a 99 with relatively low mileage, so we'll see how it looks. But a chip is a prerequisite - once you've had one you'll never be happy with a std car again! (you'll know what I mean!!!:D )

R

Verdict: Lovely car C250 TD (T) 99 'T' with 51k, dark metallic blue Classic.

But, it needed:

2 x Sill covers
1 x Headlight
1 x door + tailgate big dents
other 3 doors and fuel filler 'ding' removal
Bonnet, 2 x doors and tailgate painting, and the rest of the car 'compounding' to get the scratches out

The quote for the work needed took it beyond my budget and I couldn't leave it as it was, which is a shame because it drove really well, smooth and torquey - as you'd expect!

R

can the diesel kits be used in an a-class 170cdi(02)?
how much are they?

Originally posted by phillb
can the diesel kits be used in an a-class 170cdi(02)?
how much are they?

Yes, the A170CDi like any CDi engine can be done, takes it from 95hp to 115hp.

I did a 90bhp Golf TDi today, very easy to fit and makes a really big improvement on a already nippy car.

Send me a Private Message if you are interested.

You are going back even further now oldskoolmercs. The post you just responded to was dated 2003. Non intended, just pointing it out.

You are going back even further now oldskoolmercs. The post you just responded to was dated 2003. Non intended, just pointing it out.

It made me read the thread though, and very interesting it was too :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom