• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

DIY - Removing Plasterboard fixings?

I had about 14 of these to do accorss the house (6 were for a single bracket).

All done quite sucessfully :D

Two were easy to tighten and sink themselves into the plasterboard. The others I used the same technique for. Screw thread in about half way, no more. A few sharp tap with hammer and the front quite easily shears off, almost too easy, by design perhaps?

thanks all.

I had about 14 of these to do accorss the house (6 were for a single bracket).

All done quite sucessfully :D

Two were easy to tighten and sink themselves into the plasterboard. The others I used the same technique for. Screw thread in about half way, no more. A few sharp tap with hammer and the front quite easily shears off, almost too easy, by design perhaps?

thanks all.

Have you looked in the rooms behind the fixings yet?:)

Hi,

Having recently moved I have been on the recieving end. The previous owner certainly did not make good and removed curtain track and supports (which was far more than he did when he decorated!) there were even a couple of light fittings missing.

Whilst the holes in the walls where picture/mirrors were caused me no angst the others did. I approached my solicitor and raised this with him and he said that yes I would win but it would be time consuming and expensive to persue and would not be worth it.

The end result is that we have removed some of the fittings ourselves and redecorated. We always intended to redecorate anyway.

This does not help you remove the fittings but could set your mind more at ease.

Just thought - as you have the paint, why not just paint over the fittings and thus make them less obtrusive.

Steve

Hi,

Having recently moved I have been on the recieving end. The previous owner certainly did not make good and removed curtain track and supports (which was far more than he did when he decorated!) there were even a couple of light fittings missing.

Whilst the holes in the walls where picture/mirrors were caused me no angst the others did. I approached my solicitor and raised this with him and he said that yes I would win but it would be time consuming and expensive to persue and would not be worth it.

The end result is that we have removed some of the fittings ourselves and redecorated. We always intended to redecorate anyway.

This does not help you remove the fittings but could set your mind more at ease.

Just thought - as you have the paint, why not just paint over the fittings and thus make them less obtrusive.

Steve

What happens if the new occupier complains that the original paint is dirty and the touch up bits look different?:)

And cans of tartan paint.

Can't find any long weights though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom