Do you get ‘use’ to the power?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I remember being 20ish and going from a Mini to a Peugeot 405 Mi16 and being really nervous about the 160bhp! :cool:

When I test drive my first C43 that really did scare me as it was icy and very lucky the ESP kicked in! Quite used to the power now though. Doubt I'll ever have anything quicker than my current C43 again though!

Interesting subject. If you drive anything enough you sort of get used to it. The E43 feels “quick” to me rather than fast. However it’s the little Lotus on track or country lanes that gives the most buzz and feeling of fast. That’s because it’s so low and well on track you are doing lots of 100mph plus in a lightweight car. Even +170mph on the autobahn didn’t feel as exciting.
Still I like to drive the E43.

Pretty much all agreed, that yes you do.

the one thing I'd add is that, unless you live somewhere special, it's rare to be able to tap into that power as you head into work in the morning.

Which means that your right foot just eases off.

But the power is still there when you want it.

I found that once you get into 750 + HP power band, you are satisfied. The power is so brutal and at any speed, you feel quite invincible. ... Most motorway races are over in a matter of seconds, the big thumbs up from your victims when they eventually catch up, gives you further reassurance :)

There is also a feeling that your fuel tank must have a 5p piece sized hole in the bottom too, as you pretty much refuel after every trip. Lol.

...just my experience anyway :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom