Does Mobilo Always Suck?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gentabout

Car
E350 Estate AMG Night Edition Premium +
:fail:fail

Had a situation on saturday where by I ended up with a 1 inch gash in the sidewall of the front tyre, now normally I would have changed the tyre myself and been on my way but due to a couple of ongoing injuries this would have been heavily advised against by the doctors and osteopaths.

So as the car has always been serviced my MB and such a big thing had been made about the inclusions of Mobilio cover I decided to call them out (first time in 4 years). Spoke to a lovely lady on the phone who was very helpful and advised that she had already got someone on route to me and because we were at the side of the road we would be marked as a priority, she also assured me that she would call me back within 30 mins and update me on an arrival time but that they would already be with me by then. 45 mins later no call and no MB tech, my other half at this point suggests I call them back but no I'm patient and tell her someone will be there any moment. An hour after the first call nothing and no call so I phone back, first attempt I get a message saying they are closed so I try again and get through - odd. Spoke to a chap who said he could see the open call and would call the tech to find out what is happening, he can't get through and says to save me waiting he would call me back, no call. 20 Minutes later I get a text from a third party company saying they will be with me in just under 2 hours.

Had the first operator told me it was going to be 3 hours I would have called the RAC or someone else to help but to be told 30 minutes and then to find out an hour later it was going to be 3 hours royally annoyed me. In the end I told them not to bother and set about changing it myself and we were back on the road within 10 minutes but boy have I suffered this week.

Have tried to talk to MB and Mobilio this week but have got nowhere except a limp wristed apology.

So the next service won't be done at a main dealer I will find a good local independent and they can have my money instead. Im not paying over the odds to get a service that does not actually exist.

Dean

I've had two occasions to use Mobilo, (on the C270) both times it was a 'home visit' and both times excellent service. The operator kept me informed of progress and each time the tech arrived within the projected timescale of <1hr.

:fail:fail

Had a situation on saturday where by I ended up with a 1 inch gash in the sidewall of the front tyre, now normally I would have changed the tyre myself and been on my way but due to a couple of ongoing injuries this would have been heavily advised against by the doctors and osteopaths.

So as the car has always been serviced my MB and such a big thing had been made about the inclusions of Mobilio cover I decided to call them out (first time in 4 years). Spoke to a lovely lady on the phone who was very helpful and advised that she had already got someone on route to me and because we were at the side of the road we would be marked as a priority, she also assured me that she would call me back within 30 mins and update me on an arrival time but that they would already be with me by then. 45 mins later no call and no MB tech, my other half at this point suggests I call them back but no I'm patient and tell her someone will be there any moment. An hour after the first call nothing and no call so I phone back, first attempt I get a message saying they are closed so I try again and get through - odd. Spoke to a chap who said he could see the open call and would call the tech to find out what is happening, he can't get through and says to save me waiting he would call me back, no call. 20 Minutes later I get a text from a third party company saying they will be with me in just under 2 hours.

Had the first operator told me it was going to be 3 hours I would have called the RAC or someone else to help but to be told 30 minutes and then to find out an hour later it was going to be 3 hours royally annoyed me. In the end I told them not to bother and set about changing it myself and we were back on the road within 10 minutes but boy have I suffered this week.

Have tried to talk to MB and Mobilio this week but have got nowhere except a limp wristed apology.

So the next service won't be done at a main dealer I will find a good local independent and they can have my money instead. Im not paying over the odds to get a service that does not actually exist.

Dean

Really sorry to hear this and I would certainly have been just as hacked off as you were.
I don't blame you for going elsewhere for servicing and assistance in the future.

Personally, I would copy and paste that into an email and send it to your MB dealer Principle.

I've had two occasions to use Mobilo, (on the C270) both times it was a 'home visit' and both times excellent service. The operator kept me informed of progress and each time the tech arrived within the projected timescale of <1hr.

I, too, have had 2 instances when I have called Mobilo.
As with your experiences, mine were satisfactory too.
Nice guys, arrived promptly and were very helpful.

With this on mind (and the health implications highlighted by Dean), I think there is good reason to bring this to the attention of either the dealership or the management at mobilo's customer service.

This is a case of likely loss of future business and one would assume that at least one of them would be bothered by this.

But then again, the world is not how it was.
Wouldn't at all be surprised if it all fell on des fears.

I have used Mobilio a few times, first couple of times they were great (1. oil leak, 2.Mrs driving and a puncture) third time was when a door lock broke, all I wanted was someone to come down and strap the door down so I could drive home. Spoke to the MB tech and he said it was nearing the end of his shift and he was an hour away and said he would call a recovery truck as it does not sound repairable.

recovery truck came 2 hours later.... too small to carry the family.... another hour and a half and a battered old truck came to take us home.... complained and got £40 vouchers off them.. but the fact being if the tech could be bothered to come out and strap the door shut it would have them the cost of recovery!

I've had a couple of occasions where I've called Mobilo.

On one occasion they sent a local contractor who couldn't plug in to diagnose the fault, on the other occasion they quoted me 3 hours to respond.

I have RAC membership through my bank account - on both occasions they were prompt and capable of resolving the problem.

My experience may not be typical - but I've found the RAC to be very good on several occasions.

I've only had good experience with Mobilo including good loan cars.

I suppose that we generally only hear of the poor experiences.

I had one really bad experience, the usual 1hr turning in to 3hrs, rude 3rd party service and the temporary loss of my car after it had been recovered.

Drop an email to Simon Oldfield, I told him of my troubles and was offered £150 off my next service.

Other times it's been fine!

I had an appalling experience with them when I was locked out of an M class 200 miles from home. After 2 1/2 hrs of: "we'll be there in half an hour", I called the AA who arrived in short order and fixed things in 10 minutes.

MB's "apology" was two bottles Ernest and Julio Gallo wine! :fail

The next time they arrived within a reasonable time, but could not fix the seat problem, again the M Class, which was less than a year old.

Generally speaking my experiences with the AA/RAC have been much better.

I am not normally one to moan and understand the logistics of people in the right place etc etc but I get very annoyed when you are given incorrect information and especially when that poor communication effects what little time I actually have.

This week I have tried to talk to MB on several occasions and been bounced from dept to dept and in the end back to the first one I spoke to and they are the ones that showed the least amount of interest. They left a message on my phone to call them back and when I did the person I was told to speak was not available but the guy who answered said he could handle it as he had all the info to hand. Had he bothered to read it before offering the limp apology and quoting back stuff that was completely wrong I might not have gotten annoyed further, he went on about the injury I had caused during the incident and I had to put him straight and explain I aggravated an existing one, he also started off by referring to the emails I had sent, up until then it had all been done by phone. He just was not interested.

I would like to take it further by have no idea where to direct it and had hoped that talking to MB directly it would have been settled quickly. Maybe I will talk to the local dealer but having to chase an sincere apology seems stupid. We might just vote with our money and make sure anyone who asks about MB service in the future knows are dissatisfaction. Both our vehicles are due replacement late this year and we had intended to replace her Smart with a new one early in the new year but we will look elsewhere now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom