Door mirror creak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beno

Car
C350 CDI
Guys,
Has anyone come across there door mirror creaking/squeaking i noticed the drivers side mirror creaks when I open the door fully or if you move the mirror (wriggling it). I've tried spray lubricating it but to no effect. Any ideas?

:dk:

Best way is to remove the glass & use a spray lubricant, failing that, get a spray with the extension tube & spray copious amounts behind the glass and it will reach all moving parts. It will also run down the doors too. ;)

Russ

My car has had the mirror creak from day 1. Its not every time and I always forget to mention it when i've taken the car in for anything. It only happens at either end of the travel as if its straining a bit to go the last couple of millimetres. I am surprised at the number of creaks and rattles that a supposedly prestige vehicle has had from new and with still only 13000 miles. My fault I suppose for not complaining. I have tried squirting WD40 into various orifices but its still there. If I remember I will mention it to the dealers when I am back in UK and see what they think it may be then report back to you.

Best way is to remove the glass & use a spray lubricant, failing that, get a spray with the extension tube & spray copious amounts behind the glass and it will reach all moving parts. It will also run down the doors too. ;)

Russ

Is it easy to get the glass out I'd be worried of cracking it!

Is it easy to get the glass out I'd be worried of cracking it!

Yes, can be awkward to get back in first time. Do a search, instructions will bo here somewhere.

Russ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom