• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Driven the new s63 amg coupe

gunning

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS55 AMG, 560SEL, 800BHP Rothmans 911 / Range Rover
Today was MB Exeters special invitation event for the new s class coupe and and AMG event (not into invitation only stuff but I thought I did want to have a look)

So with a vast selection I drove the s63 AMG coupe and all I can say is it is amazing!

The quality and finish of the interior far surpasses any Bentley continental and the technology is out of this world. Compared to the old cl or the s class which after owning I didn't think there was much room for improvement. I was wrong.

Not just the technology but the way the interior is designed is going into a different era of interior design. It's not like a car inside anymore it's a lavish apartment on wheels. For me it was lacking noise as I drove my fathers Aston there and it is a lot louder and of course not as refined. It is a tourer though so that's to be expected! The wishbones drop and raise in the corners allowing the car to sit flat through the corners which you could really notice. A weird feeling but I can't understand why they've done it.

Performance was good and the gearbox was fantastic. You just can't tell the speeds you're going. Having had a lot of cars like this and owned a fair few I can honestly say this is the most astonishing for the pure factor you honestly can't tell you are gaining speed so rapidly.

Must say MB Exeter did well on welcoming us even though I stated I wasn't in a position to buy. They also gave us a present along with a few other things.

Not a bad little present really

Last edited:
Kudos to the dealership for Their efforts - sounds like an amazing car

What did You roll Up in ?

Lenny63 said:
Kudos to the dealership for Their efforts - sounds like an amazing car What did You roll Up in ?

Yeah I agree they did a good job which is unlike the dealers down in the SW. I took an Aston Martin V8 vantage roadster

Nice !! No updates for ML thread ? We are waiting ....

Lenny63 said:
Nice !! No updates for ML thread ? We are waiting ....

Video coming soon!

Sounds a good day!

Did you find the window line excessively high once underway? Have only sat in one stationary and felt borderline hemmed in. I also suffer this in a lot of Bentleys, but may just be not taking enough time to adjust seating positions.

noy91 said:
Sounds a good day! Did you find the window line excessively high once underway? Have only sat in one stationary and felt borderline hemmed in. I also suffer this in a lot of Bentleys, but may just be not taking enough time to adjust seating positions.

I did but I adjusted the seat accordingly. I'm weird though as I'm 6ft 2 but I sit really high in the car with the seat quite far back. Once I'd raised the seat it felt perfect. I did notice the dashboard was almost non existent, it's very short.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom